Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What browser(s) do you use?

• Please log in to reply

QuizMaster

QuizMaster

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hello everyone.

What browser/s do you use and why do you use it?

I currently use Firefox because it's a bit secure, and because of the variety of add-ons.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I tried switching from Firefox to Chrome for about two months... But the bookmarks and lack of menu - I couldn't take it any longer.

Firefox!

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Firefox, FTW. I started using it for security and tabbed browsing, and I absolutely detest IE now. I still can't get my husband to switch, though. Something about teaching an old dog new tricks.

Dyamond

Dyamond

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I use FF on my desktop and Google Chrome on the lappy. I do occasionally use IE because I seem to have better luck watching shows on abc.com with IE then I do with FF, Im not sure why.

I've tried a bunch others just for the sake of trying them but these are the two I keep going back to. :)

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
FIREFOX

I used Google Chrome for about one day and then never really went back to it. I mainly switched from IE7 to Firefox because of the spell checker and the option to save tabs from a previous session. Then I found out about all the security holes in IE :)

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Firefox 3 with Adblock Plus (with the EasyList, EasyElement and EasyPrivacy subscriptions). Occasionally IE for IE-only sites, that's it. Tried Chrome, just didn't like it, especially the lack of AdBlock ability.

Battle Unit

Battle Unit

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Firefox 3 with a bunch of addons

Avid

Avid

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I was used to FF 2... but since it's no longer being updated I had to migrate to FF 3. I'm fine with it :)
Firefox is the only browser I use! Along with the awesome noscript add-on

wambo

wambo

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Firefox all the way.

But sometimes i also use IE to watch videos. Firefox sometimes lags up or has problems loading the videos.

kharizmatik

kharizmatik

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Before i switched to broadband, i would use AOL. Then i switched over to IE...but my brother downloaded Firefox and said it was better. I never used it though. But now that i have this annoying malware/virus thing happening with IE and Firefox...back to AOL i go until it's resolved. And goodness, AOL is even slower than i remembered :)

Advertisements

cindyk

cindyk

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Fire Fox. Mozilla ftw.

xBPM07x

xBPM07x

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I use Firefox mainly, but I also use IE when I am not on my home computer. I love Firefox because of the addons and saftey :)

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Opera most of the time when I'm running XP, but I also have Firefox because of some of the Add-ons.
IE 8 Beta 2 when I'm using Vista.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Gonna upgrade to the RC1 of IE8, Metallica?

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
I might soon. I'm also beta testing AVG on that machine and I don't want the change to influence the results. :)