Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What browser(s) do you use?

• Please log in to reply

countryboypride77

countryboypride77

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
I use FireFox as my preferred. Other than Internet Explorer, I've used Maxathon. I never tried Chrome.

Advertisements

mas-retals

mas-retals

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i use safari but the old one how ever from what i have seen of the new browser when you open it up it has pictures of websites that are most popular eg youtube amazon but i havent tried fire fox so i dont know

curtain-raiser

curtain-raiser

Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I use firefox. As i started to use this due to its multiple tab option, now IE also gives that.
Also it has lots of good Plug ins, Its batter in looking and feel easy to work on it.

yorkey.sa

yorkey.sa

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I've kind of changed since I last posted in this thread.... I use Safari and Firefox now.

Safari for stuff I enjoy, like forums and stuff. And Firefox (which is heavily protected now) for all things geeks. :)

Sockdown

Sockdown

• PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
Well until a few days ago, I used Opera. Now I'm using Firefox with: No-Script, Dr Web LinkChecker and SiteAdvisor add-ons.

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
I use Google Chrome :) Before that I was a FF fan, but now it just feels so bulky and sluggish in comparison.

Jaug

Jaug

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
I have tried Firefox, AOL, Opera, Avant Browser, and of coarse Internet Explorer 7.

I always find myself returning to IE7. :) Do not ask me why I just feel comfortable with it.

I never really became friends with FF, even though I have tried and still use it at times hoping I might change my mind for security reasons.

I also like the Avant Browser. Am I the only one who likes the Avant Browser?

I do realize it is not very cool or safe admitting to actually liking IE. :)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Firefox Firefox Firefox

I tried Opera and it seemed faster, but I didn't like how the tabs were arranged or set up. I never could really pin point it, but I could never find the tab I wanted to go to. Anyone else have that problem? A friend of mine suggested I need to change the theme or modify the look etc, so I might get around to doing that.

I was disappointed in Chrome BIG TIME. I don't think there was a single thing I liked about it, seriously...not trying to be rude.

And, until threads like this or another user mentions it, I forget I even have IE 7 as an option.

climber11990

climber11990

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Chrome, but they don't seem to be working on upgrades and such so I may soon be going back to good old firefox

any noticed that you can highlight and ad then drag it up and it opens in a new tab?? I just realized that this week but maybe i'm a little behind haha

galbatrox9

galbatrox9

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I use firefox as i find it safer and customizable. and also i dont know if it is only me but it is quick faster than ie.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I've been using IE8 since it was officially released not long ago... It's awesome. I've changed my default browser over from Firefox, too.

Troy

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Troy,

Just can't stay away can you? haha

You really like IE 8? I haven't tried it, I think IE 7 and below ruined me for life. Plus Firefox has AWESOME addons for my GEEK U Training. "Malware Search" and the canned speech manager "Athena" by GravityGripp. I couldn't imagine going through training without those two, not to mention actually being malware staff.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I never really liked IE6, IE7 was nice enough, but IE8... I dunno, something just feels right about it. Definitely better than Firefox.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I agree with Troy. I've been using IE8 far more than I ever used IE6 or IE7. It's still not my default browser, but only because I've been spoiled by adblock. If I'm surfing sites that I know and that I visit frequently, I usually use IE8 now.

On my machine, its faster than FF. Compatibility mode works very well, and I love the accelerators.

If I could get adblock to work in IE8, I wouldn't use FireFox at all.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Wow, maybe I should give it a try. Since I had my laptop repaired back in December, the only time I have ever used IE was to check for updates which I think was once(auto updates turned on) and then the other day when I was giving Desktop360 a whirl it seems the widget option will only open IE, not your default browser.

And when I did use it, I was like oh my gosh, is the page ever going to load. It was a very noticeable difference in speed, very noticeable. It wasn't just the page load, it was the actual load and start of IE too. Of course, I have a few tweaks to firefox. One being adding /Prefetch:1 after the file name under Target.

Right click on Firefox Icon >> Select Properties >> Add /Prefetch:1 to the end of the Target file path. It should look like this...

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" /Prefetch:1

It opens firefox on its first load a little faster to say the least, I was fairly impressed with that. If you take a look at my system specs for the Inspiron in my signature, you can see I don't have a real fast computer, so things like that matter.

Can you do the same to any of your main programs? Like add /Prefetch:2 not 1. 1, 2, 3, etc.???