Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Preventing Malware and Safe Computing

* * * * * 5 votes

• Please log in to reply

anarxaki

anarxaki

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

anarxaki

You have posted in the HOW TO GUIDES AND TUTORIALS forum.
May I suggest edit this post to indicate that you have now reposted in the XP forum., and DO SO.
I will then attempt to advise you.

I'm sorry. I read others talking about these programs and I thought this was the proper section to ask about them.
Should I post in the XP forum or in the Windows 7 (since I'm a few days away from installing them)?

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
On those aspects it really does not matter
Windows Vista and 7 probably, then if you have problems with the install or setup you are in the correct forum.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 11 March 2011 - 05:13 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Typically these discussions are in the Applications forum, as the question is concerned with the applications you're running, not with the OS itself.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Thks for putting me right SARI.
I have actually now posted advice to Anarxaki in the vista and 7 forum.
Sorry.
Macboatmaster

reomusik

reomusik

• Pip
  • 1 posts
EXCELLENT!! WELL INFORMED!!

this was my first visit and after days spent trying to find a formidable solution to my problem, "Google Searches redirected to malware sites",

I not only solved my problem quickly easily and effectively in one try, but i now have protected, cleaned and backed up my PC just by reading along and following he advice. Quite incredible and thank you so much for your knowledge. It worked! It actually worked!

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
reomusik
Pleased you are fixed up.
Welcome to Geeks to Go and pls come back on the XP forum if ever you need help.

Xinader

Xinader

• Pip
  • 5 posts
THanks.. :D :D

Xinader

Xinader

• Pip
  • 5 posts
THAnksc for the info..

CLS1949

CLS1949

• Pip
  • 4 posts
You have provided so much information and help related advice here and I am so grateful for that, believe me when I say good, trusting help is not readily available online anymore. I know I cannot start a new topic here but my head is spinning & confused at this point. My XP PC is for sure infected, I have Avast and it detects nothing, I have also performed so many free scans to remove whatever is eating away at my computer and now I don't know what to try. I am a senior and need help. Is there any way of assisting me or should I just unplug my PC and walk away. I was hoping I could find just one good security product that would clean my PC then keep me safe but that is probably wishful thinking in this day and age. Thank you in advance for any help you might send my way.

Paul_12

Paul_12

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
This is an excellent guide and it's very informative. Well done!

Advertisements

hanseric

hanseric

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
This was an excellent article. Thanks for putting such a thorough round-up of security goodies in one place.

Fireman Bill

Fireman Bill

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guy's, thanks a lot for fixing my search engine redirects. I followed your directions in the redirect post and it worked fantastic. If i can follow your directions anybody can. Again thanks for taking your time to help everyone else. Oh, i applied most of your prevention ideas and seem to like them all so far. The PDF reader will not install all the way but im still happy...........Thanks guy's ........Fireman Bill

Dom Fontana

Dom Fontana

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Great article. I implemented most of the suggestions. I also downloaded DriveImage, which is very good and also FileHippo.

Thanks and keep up the great work. Everyone appreciates it.

Edited by Dom Fontana, 28 August 2011 - 09:11 PM.