Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Post Your Desktop [Merged]

• Please log in to reply

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Posted Image
I guess I might change to much... ;) :tazz:

Advertisements

freek

freek

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

What does your desktop look like? Right now I'm on my laptop though. You can see it at:
http://img2.echo.cx/...40/dsktp7lk.jpg
I'll post my desktop later.

-Jake

View Post

Jake looks like a graphics enthuisast. Are you professional, or just dabble in it?

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

Jake looks like a graphics enthuisast.  Are you professional, or just dabble in it?

View Post

I just found some a blown up logo and all, and just played with it in Photoshop 6. Mostly I just get them from various sites, but how'd you figure I made that? A few people have stolen it and called it there own, so I started just putting with Icons and all on it.

Vonny

Vonny

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Mine looks like this:
:tazz:
I dont know whats up with the my computer icon and the other
I had a program that let me personalise them n then the free period that i never knew it had ran out n i cant figure out how to change them back lol

Attached Files

Edited by Vonny, 08 May 2005 - 12:07 PM.

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Desktop.gif
Uhm, my desktop...
Well it may look a little odd. It's spread over 2 screens. Not much happening in the background. There is only a binary counter in the left upper corner.
( the rings rotate from 1 to 0 to 1, not unlike the clock in that Mars-movie )
That is just a javascript.
I try to keep it not cluttered. It still seems to clutter quite fast though.
( that's what the "My Development and My Apps folders are for. Simply drag anything inthere, it will then also show up in the Start-menu )

A 32 bit counter which indicates seconds since 1970 is under development =)

Boring, just like the owner :tazz:

Ojo

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
My desktop is just windows ordinary one, thought of showing it here but had three reasons against:

1)My computer is as spartan as possible(just p2p and those that come with XP without messenger) new prossesses stand out a mile this way, this so
2)I have no screen catcher, and 3)you've already seen it.

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
screen catching is easy with windows, just hit ctrl and print screen at the same time. then open it in Paint under accessories, and save as a jpeg or png, walla all done :tazz:

now here is my Linux desktop, yes I said Linux. I have a dual boot comp with a 2 hdd's one is my windows desktop which i will post eventually. and the other Hdd is my Linux distro, currently using Ubuntu. so hear ya go.
My Desktop
gee think I like dragons??

Edited by Efwis, 09 May 2005 - 05:19 PM.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
thks, yet another rune to my speelbook, now what can I do with the sysRq botton?

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts

Other odd keys worthy of note on your keyboard include the SysRq key (sometimes appearing as SysReq), which shares the same key as the “Print Screen” key. (Historical sidelight – SysRq was the “84th key” added when the 83-key PC/XT keyboard became the 84-key AT keyboard.) Unless programmed by a particular application, the SysRq key does nothing in most operating systems, including DOS, Windows, and OS/2. The SysRq key has different "hooks" into the system BIOS (basic input/output system, the interface between the software and the low-level functions of the computer) from the other keys on the keyboard. IBM evidently included this key to facilitate task switching in future operating systems – that is, to allow either switching from one task to another (as on a mainframe computer), or interrupting all tasks and returning control to the keyboard. Advanced MS-DOS Programming, second edition, Microsoft Press, states:

A multitasking program manager would be expected to capture INT 15H so that it can be notified when the user strikes the SysReq key.

In layman's terms that means, "You can make a multitasking program manager monitor a specific location in your computer's hardware so it can do something cool, such as letting the user switch tasks, when the SysReq key is pressed." As it turned out, the developers of Windows didn't use SysReq when implementing task switching. Some new keyboards no longer feature this key, and its days seem numbered.

excerpt taken from
http://www.straightd...scrolllock.html

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

now here is my Linux desktop, yes I said Linux. I have a dual boot comp with a 2 hdd's one is my windows desktop which i will post eventually. and the other Hdd is my Linux distro, currently using Ubuntu. so hear ya go.
My Desktop
gee think I like dragons??

View Post

Dude, I see nothing... The link is pointing at something currently unavailable.
So I'm still curious about the dragon.

BTW, the image in your signature also doesn't show.
The link under it works fine though.

just FYI :tazz:
Ojo

( Screen catching under linux is really simple with the Gimp )

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
I can see his desktop and picture in his link fine...may be a personal error for you tho

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Vonny and Jake's images I see fine, mine is fine too. All other images on the web show up fine too.

http://efwis.geeksto.../Screenshot.png
doesn't show.
Other portable network graphics show up fine too. Just his don't.

So how can that be my error? Then I can fix it.
Ojo

Oh wait... Caps sensitivity maybe...
Yes yes, http://efwis.geeksto.../screenshot.png seems to load endlessly.
But then the link on the page was wrong.

That doesn't seem to be it either.
entire efwis seems to react like it's transmitting radio through a 20 cm lead wall though.

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
are you using a firewall that is automatically blocking the site url for some reason? I don't know what the problem could be either since my ASAP logo isn't PNG its JPEG, created with Gimp on my WindowsXP drive and both images are linked to the same primary URL efwis.geekstogo.com.

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Now it works fine. Both, your image and your siggie-pic.

My firewall? I don't know. I haven't had any problems
with other sites. And I cannot recall accrpting from www.geekstogo.com but
barring efwis.geekstogo.com. ( as far as I know I don't have anything barred,
the firewall is only keeping the inside network screened off )

Anyway, it works now. I've seen the dragon. (Was that a 3D object?)
Ojo

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
No it was an animated object. its actually the same dragon I use in my avatar and ASAP logo. unfortunately I can't get rid of the blur caused by placing on the desktop unless I want a hundred smaller versions on it, and that IMO is too cluttered looking.

Edited by Efwis, 12 May 2005 - 07:42 AM.