Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Custom Design Avatars etc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Chopstix

Chopstix

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Oh my Queen, I am so happy for you. You truly are the Queen of this topic and this is such an honor for you. I bow to you my queen. You are truly delightful, charitable and talented.

Advertisements

Chopstix

Chopstix

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
One more thing before I retire my queen. I am almost ready to attempt a practice HJT log and was wondering if there is a magician around that can cast confidence upon me. I would not want you to mistake this as cowardly but rather that I tend to choke under stress. If you would please happen to have a magician, I would be so very grateful to you.

The Infinite

The Infinite

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Good evening, My Queen, I apologize for my long and unexplained absence, during which I was going through some rough times (you would probably have realised this by now Posted Image). I had my half-yearly exams just before that, and my school's annual function just after, so I was extremely busy...
Thank you for giving me my answer about the UBBC code, and the timing is forgiven and forgotten lol. :) Nothing to it.
I would very much like to ask for your (valuable) advice on which software to use for animation and other stuff like that, I have no clue as to what software would help me (I'm a total and complete novice at this), could you please help? It would be awesome to get advice from you :) .
Farewell until we meet again, your Majesty :tazz: :woot: .

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Ennh... you guys think YOUR highscore was best? HA!
take a look and weep:
http://img11.imagesh...1/ownage3ea.jpg

The Infinite

The Infinite

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Ennh... you guys think YOUR highscore was best? HA!
take a look and weep:
http://img11.imagesh...1/ownage3ea.jpg

Hmm...I wonder if you could tell me how you get those pictures, of the browser and the page. Please?

Jmody

Jmody

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Ahh, a history on the military. Unfortunately you would need to narrow that down a little bit to a peticular subject. a history of the military would take about 30 pages in it self. if you narrow it down some i could throw something together. or if you want i can choose a small subject on my own.

also here is my score for the penguine toss.

http://img235.images...uinetoss3bt.jpg

Jmody

Jmody

• PipPip
  • 91 posts

Hmm...I wonder if you could tell me how you get those pictures, of the browser and the page. Please?

first you need a artistic program. Photoshop cs is the one i use. take a screen shot of what you want. on my laptop it is prt sc, (print screen) just use help to figure out how you would take a screen shot. then you immediately open up the artist program and open a blank document and hit paste. when you hit prt sc it copies it. so all you gotta do is paste it. now re-size the image to about 800wx600h and save it as a jpeg. now use imageshack.us or another photo upload service to upload the image and paste the link that they give you here.

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
wweeaakkk.

http://img530.images...mage11124ac.jpg

'nuff said, lol.

Entertainment you ask? OF COURSE I can provide with some entertainment. :tazz: I'm in the midst of even coming up with our new game! :) Should be ready here in the next few days or so. I WOULD provide us with a FUN LINK, but I want to see someone top my score .. (shouldn't be too hard). Let's get at it!

The Infinite

The Infinite

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

first you need a artistic program. Photoshop cs is the one i use. take a screen shot of what you want. on my laptop it is prt sc, (print screen) just use help to figure out how you would take a screen shot. then you immediately open up the artist program and open a blank document and hit paste. when you hit prt sc it copies it. so all you gotta do is paste it. now re-size the image to about 800wx600h and save it as a jpeg. now use imageshack.us or another photo upload service to upload the image and paste the link that they give you here.

Thanks a lot!

andydf

andydf

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,660 posts

Or you could just use MS paint :tazz:

Advertisements

Jmody

Jmody

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
yeah you could. i cant figure out how to re-size images in paint for some reason. i dunno. i like photoshop. i think ive opened paint like twice

Be||ona

Be||ona

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
ahh my Queen.. i see the bad rumours travels fast. and that is exactly what it is.. a rumour. no beating .. but something else. i see the media is doing what they do best again.. distorting news to attract readers again. the real story is this.. it all started with 3 women from China who went to a politician (and lo and behold.. the said politician happens to be from the opposition party :)) saying they have been mistreated by the police while in custody. the police apprehend them under suspicion of having fake passports. and while in custody, they said they've been told to strip for a whole body check..

and to make matters more interesting :) , someone started sending an MMS on handphones of an unknown Chinese ethnic woman (it was not clear at that time if the woman is a Malaysian of a chinese descent, or a chinese nationale), being told by an unknown policewoman to do an ear squat, nude! hehehe.. the matter is under investigation now, and everybody is waiting for the result. after futher investigation, they found out that the woman is from China and she has been sent back to her homeland. who took the video.. god knows.

so.. no beatings.. just bare body parts :tazz:

now that we've cleared that matter.. lets play some xmas games. try getting this Santa as drunk as u can and still manage to save him from being electricuted. now dont go ramming the train!!

Edited by Be||ona, 06 December 2005 - 08:12 PM.

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Or you could just use MS paint :tazz:

Well, guys, first of all I would very much like to thank each of you for sharing your knowledge with everyone about how to capture screen shots. In my extended bed ridden state, I was dreaming up a tutorial for demonstrating just how to do that but you guys have explained it so simply that I hardly know if it is worth the time.
I thought I would toss in my two cents worth on the photoshop Versus MS Paint issue while I'm here, so as to contribute something of substance. IF you have and already know how to use Jasc Photoshop or Adobe Photoshop, then by all means that is the way to go. BUT if you don't already own and possess skills to use those photoshop programs, MS paint is a perfectly good program to use for so very many things. I began my first work and made many things using only MS paint. IT is a perfectly valid tool with many good features that are easy to use. But on the other hand, once you have gone to a Photoshop Program, there's no going back :) Frankly, I use Jasc9, Adobe 7, and Adobe CS2. Why 3, you ask? Because each of them has certain features, certain plugins, certain tubes that only work well in that version. And, as you all know, I like to be able to do many different things for many ppl!
Speaking of which, I guess I didn't really want to make a big deal about it BUT I'm really sick right now. And while I will be doing my best to be here as much as I can, it's going to be about 2 more weeks before I am back in top form. That doesn't mean that I won't be here. I've been pretty much bed ridden. I now can get out of bed some and you can bet your last dollar that I go straight from the bed to my computer. (Santa, if you're out there, bring me a stacked wireless laptop please!)
You're goodhearted competetiveness does my heart good to see. I will be considering what the final winner of Penguin,er toss, and Penguin flight will be rewarded with. I've seen some really great scores.
I LOVE Bellona's new game of Drunken Santa. My high score was 368.
And I have found a new, terribly addictive new and fabulous FUN LINK 1 for you. Don't let the foreign language throw you off. Simple click the middle button, and then keep the evil looking little dude and his bag of tricks from touching your cursor. Sounds simple? Not so, my friends! Here's my Top Score for Cursor Thief

One more matter to attend to, um what did I do with that Knight of Programs and Plugins? OR is it he that poseth the question of what program to use for animations? The answer here will have to be that it totally depends upon which sort of animation that you want to do. BUT you are always going to be most comfortable with the first program that you learn. So, for that reason alone, my suggestion would be to learn to use MX fireworks if you are going to learn to use a new program. Because of it's range of activities. That's the short answer. IF you want the long answer, just email me :)

And BTW, why do I have a pinned topic and only 3 beanies now instead of my meager but somewhat better senior member status?

And Bellona, thank you for clearing up that nasty international rumor. I knew that you would. Everybody who goes to jail gets strip searched, don't they? Does anyone live in a country where they don't do strip searches? I don't....

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
http://img445.images...screenie3yk.jpg
:)

I win, so far.. but thats a fun game, and I'm sure I can do way better than 553...

On another note, I was wondering if my dear Queen has come around to my signature of doom. Just wondering~ :tazz:

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Lord Paradox, Sir Andy, KNight of Dreams, and everyone still waiting. I do SO apologize. But this unexpected illness has thrown me quite behind. It has only been yesterday that I was able to sit at my computer for a little while and do a few things. I did manage to complete one avatar, so that is one more closer to having each of yours done. There are some that I can do that are a bit easier than others. I get a little bit stronger each day and am glued to my computer when not stuck to my bed!

I am still struggling with the 30 KB issue ADMIN IF YOU ARE READING I can't do what I do without a little larger file size!! I really like this new spinning orb design that I did for Prince Infinite. But it's about 70Kb's :) and that is after culling every frame I possibly could so that it doesn't even revolve as smoothly as I would like for it to. Still I am rather fond of the design. I can't resize it to make the file size smaller because it ruins the colors. IF anyone has any suggestions, I'm quite open to them. It just beats the heck out of me how I am going to to what I do with 30 KB's. We have got to figure out something! I'm a "can do" kind of Queen!

Posted Image

And here it is in square form, which is not nearly as much of a graphics trick to do but is also less distorted. But again, the file size is about 80 KB's. :tazz:

Posted Image

A different sort of

FUN LINK 2 for you today. Some lovly sights to see and crazy ppl who fling thier cameras much like we do penguins!