Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD again tt

• Please log in to reply

Joshua.Locke

Joshua.Locke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Here. Also there is an error with path of exile apparently with some soupnd cardds computer crash so u have to play with no sound or others drivers, after the crash i played with no sound and no crash maybe that crash was for the game bug.

On Wed 8/1/2012 5:41:21 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080112-10531-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7F1C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x7A (0x20, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009D, 0xFFFFFA8005A58078, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 8/1/2012 5:41:21 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x7A (0x20, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009D, 0xFFFFFA8005A58078, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK from what you are saying I believe it is the sound card driver you are suspecting as being the problem?

ranchhand3

ranchhand3

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Hey Joshua... just so we can really put this overheating possibility to rest, there is a down & dirty way to quickly test it out; pop the side of your case off, get a window box fan or a large oscillating type fan and face it blowing in at highest speed. Now play your game and see if you still get crashes. If you don't, overheating is the problem. The next thing you might want to try is to test your memory: Go HERE and download the ISO of Memtest 86+, burn it to a CD, set your 1st boot device to CD and reboot with it in your DVD drive. Let it run a full pass (about 1/2 hour), even one red error message means one of your memory sticks is bad. I usually run it on one stick at a time. It's free for download and I have been using it for years on my clients' computers. I know your memory is pretty new, but I have seen plenty of new memory sticks that are bad. With random crashes like this you just have to start testing components 1X1 until you find the problem.

Joshua.Locke

Joshua.Locke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
ya maybe. This is in the game forum: At the moment, Creative sound cards drivers are creating serious issues for the game! I'd suggest using default sound drivers if you have some, or finding a user made sound driver like Daniel K's drivers. Alternatively, if you don't mind playing without sound, you can add --nosound to the end of your Path of Exile shortcut, after the quotation marks.

But i dont even a creative card i think, in my drivers appeards VIA high and NVIDIA High definition audio only, besides it happens in all the games.

Joshua.Locke

Joshua.Locke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
i did tested the memory with that program but i didnt get any errors, besides i did check the RAM playing with one only and i did found that 1 memory crashed a lot and i continue to play with the other for 2 weeks it didnt crash till 2 days ago :/

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Post 2 was chkdsk
Post 6 was SFC
Post 14 was temp readings
post 20 was opening the case cleaning and visually checking for problems
Post 23 - 29 were new driver installation

Now lets test the hard drive for a problem.

Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, try the Hitachi DFT CD Image version of the software

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

Joshua.Locke

Joshua.Locke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
One guy told in D3 forums that he had the same problem always a different module crashing, he fixed by buying a new motherboard..... T_T
i dont like that xD

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is only one possible scenario.
It could be a cpu, video card, sound card, hard drive, power supply...oops nope checked that.

ranchhand3

ranchhand3

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Ok, just to clarify... do you have a separate sound card, or are you using the integrated sound on your mobo? IF a separate sound card, have you deleted and reinstalled the drivers? If we cannot resolve this, I seriously think you should notify your manufacturer before your warranty runs out. Or the retail store may have a return policy also for a limited time.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I agree because if it is still under warranty and the issue is known they may replace the motherboard free of charge for you. If a add on card and it is original the same rule should apply but if not the sound card is not expensive to replace anymore.

Advertisements

Joshua.Locke

Joshua.Locke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Im back. Sorry i had to travel to town where there is no internet no even my cell phone worked. i dont have a sound im using the integrated one.
and i dont know wat kind of hard drive im using it only says WDC WD10EALX-009BA0 ATA device.

as for warranty i found i paper that i should have activated last month :s

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

WDC WD10EALX-009BA0 ATA device

Western Digital hard drive

i dont have a sound im using the integrated one.

Sorry but it's been awhile since we spoke. Is the sound not working?

Joshua.Locke

Joshua.Locke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
the sound works fine

Joshua.Locke

Joshua.Locke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
cant believe i forgot this, my cr rom stopped working since this occur, i mean still opens when i click it but it dosent show anymore, cant burn anything, cant see any cd i put in

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is the cdrom shown in My Computer?