Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Restarts When I Shut Down + Other Problems (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Very informative video, I will be doing the barebones when I have time.. This however happened last night, I was on 2 screens and was watching NBA stream on one screen and was playing a game on the other.

I then took out the other ram (I had 2 connected) for it to start working properly again.

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo 03-03-2013 21 01 04.jpg

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts
That looks and sounds more like an overheating problem than anything else (if it was driver related removing a stick of Ram would not have resolved it) did you continue streaming video on one screen and gaming on the other with only one stick of Ram inserted, if yes how long for.

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
No I did not continue streaming on one video and playing on the other.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts

That looks and sounds more like an overheating problem than anything else (if it was driver related removing a stick of Ram would not have resolved it) did you continue streaming video on one screen and gaming on the other with only one stick of Ram inserted, if yes how long for.

No I did not continue streaming on one video and playing on the other.

Repeat what you were doing when the screen went bad but this time with only the one stick of Ram that is presently fitted, if the problem returns you know that the second stick of Ram was not to blame.

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
I was out of the room when it happened, the reason why I didn't try to play a game on one screen and watch a stream on the other was because I would lag in my game and I don't think the computer would be able to handle it with only 2GB RAM which is why I went back to only 1 screen and 1 stick of RAM.

Also, when I try to boot the computer up after placing the other stick of ram having 4GB altogether, the computer does not start up at the moment for some reason.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts
With only the one stick of Ram fitted stress test your video card with a Furmark burn-in test http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Ive downloaded it now, what do I do on it

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts
http://www.sevenforu...st-furmark.html

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
I've just done it now, where would the results come up? Anyway, I followed the link that you gave and I was keeping an eye on the temperature, it leveled out at 92 degrees and I ran the test for 3.5 mins

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts
I am sorry but we must leave this latest issue as we are going from one problem to another without the initial trouble being sorted out, do the barebones set-up with a stock heatsink and cooling fan as a starting point.

FWIW you should run Furmark for between 10-15 minutes minimum unless the screen starts artifacting before this or 20 minutes maximum, 3.5 minutes is not long enough unless an issue is apparent.

Advertisements

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
okay, I will buy the stock heatsink now and wait for it to come so then I can do that barebones set up

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts
:thumbsup:

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.

The RAM installed is Corsair TW3X4G1333C9D. It is not listed on the QVL. Corsair have only tested and recomend this RAM for your MB. Dominator® with DHX (CMP8GX3M4A1333C9) Even though the TW has similar specs, It could just be one of those cases where the MB decides not play nice with that RAM.

Go back to > http://www.sevenforu...lt-action.html.
Change the setting to Hibernate, see if the computer stays off.

Vinceroman

Vinceroman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
I would like to increase my RAM preferably to an 8GB.. and what do you mean by go back to http://www.sevenforums.com/ ?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts
Upgrading anything at present is the last thing that should be considered as one or more of your components is/are bad and identifying which is vital before adding new hardware.

Change the setting to Hibernate,

http://www.sevenforu...le-disable.html