Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

So there has not been a time that I did not get bsod

Sense your computer is custom built, your power supply could well be a problem. If the HD is good and the RAM is good and the CPU tests ok. What's left??

Maybe the dump files will have a answer?? Can you down load speedfan and post the temps in your next reply after CPU test is done!

You might also start Task Manager and see if there is a app hogging CPU and memory.

I'm getting desperate and running out of ideas!

Edited by donetao, 14 July 2014 - 08:39 PM.

Advertisements

adam_677

adam_677

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Good morning so I ran the 7 byte test and my system crashed but I am going to work so I let it run again to see if I get the same crash also I wanted to know is there a way to test my video card?

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Good morning so I ran the 7 byte test and my system crashed but I am going to work so I let it run again to see if I get the same crash also I wanted to know is there a way to test my video card?

Good morning!! I have never tested my video card. This is one sharp dude here and this is where I go if I want to know how to do some thing.

http://www.howtogeek...-my-video-card/

I know nothing about this procedure. Let me know how it goes!!

adam_677

adam_677

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Thanks I will keep you posted and I hope we can get r to the issue of my bsod

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
I just checked your dumpfiles and I see that you got quite a variety of BSODs. Most of these BSODs however were caused by system related drivers.
Once you're done with the scan that you're doing, open a command prompt with Admin Rights (right click on it, Run as Admin) and enter the following command :

sfc /scannow
Please tell me what message is returned after the scan (once it reaches 100%).

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Thanks I will keep you posted and I hope we can get r to the issue of my bsod

Good morning! Aura has suggested a sfc /scannow. That is always good advise.

Don't know if we can get r to the issue, but we can say we gave it a [bleep] of a try! :yeah:

adam_677

adam_677

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Okay I will do that right when I get home I am at work at this time

adam_677

adam_677

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Okay I will do that right when I get home I am at work at this time

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello! I know you said you have up dated your drivers.

Here's a suggestion by Who Crashed. I tried it; but didn't tell me much, but I'm not having any problems(That I know of :laughing: )

http://www.resplende...rashed_verifier

http://msdn.microsof...448(VS.85).aspx

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture48.JPG

Edited by donetao, 15 July 2014 - 07:08 AM.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • See Whether a Crash Occurs: If your computer is unstable normally but works fine in Safe Mode, it’s likely that there’s a software problem causing your computer to crash. However, if the computer continues to crash in safe mode, this is often a sign that there’s a hardware problem with your computer. (Note that stability in Safe Mode doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a hardware problem. For example, your graphics card may be faulty and causing crashes under load. However, it may be stable in Safe Mode because your computer isn’t performing demanding operations with it.)

If your computer continues to be unstable after a full Windows reinstall, your computer’s hardware may be faulty. A complete Windows reinstall rules out any software problems, unless there’s a faulty hardware driver that needs to be updated.

Edited by donetao, 15 July 2014 - 12:24 PM.

Advertisements

adam_677

adam_677

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Thank you for all this information I will do all the tests when I get home and hope to find something that will show us what is causing it

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Thank you for all this information I will do all the tests when I get home and hope to find something that will show us what is causing it

Hello! Ok! You are very welcome!

How much RAM do you have and how many sticks of RAM. Every thing I read says that memory is the number one cause of BSOD.  Over heating is also rated very high as a cause. Seatools says if you pass their tests, you can rule out the HD. Memtest86+ is great for testing the memory and recommended by every Geek I know. I'm not sure how good the Hot CPU tester  or the graphics card tester is. Would be nice to have another graphics card to try.

I'm wondering if you also have a on board graphics card(one soldered on your MB) besides the plug in card. There's always a chance the power supply is failing under load. That could be tested by a qualified repair teck.

Sorry for my rambling. I get carried away some times.

donetao!

Edited by donetao, 15 July 2014 - 03:22 PM.

adam_677

adam_677

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

there is the outcome of the sfc scan and I came home   and I had a bsod this is the second time it happened during the 7byte test

I have 2 ram sticks 4 gb each

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.png

Edited by adam_677, 15 July 2014 - 03:45 PM.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello! Have we checked the temps yet.

I like speedfan!

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture48.JPG

adam_677