Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hi I followed a link here and got myself in trouble

• Please log in to reply

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

verification is done.. it says windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations

Advertisements

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

the verification is done.. it says.. windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

oh sorry didnt mean to send twice

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

its only started doing it since the chkdsk scan yesterday... now i cant get it out of safe mode.. or connect to internet

Alright, I'm going to ask for other pictures now, okay ?
Click on the Start Menu once again and this time, type in msconfig, then click on the msconfig icon that will appear.
I want you to take a screenshot of the main window that will appear (the General tab) and another screenshot of the Boot. Post both of these screenshots here alright ?

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

20140730_122703_resized.jpg 20140730_122651_resized.jpg

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Can you check Normal startup on the first window (General tab) instead of Selective startup then restart your computer to see if you boot normally ?

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

i got excited for a min... thinking wow.. quick fix... but no it started in safe mode again :(

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

i got excited for a min... thinking wow.. quick fix... but no it started in safe mode again :(

Do you get any screen before booting in Safe Mode ? How do you know that it's booting in Safe Mode too ?

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

hmm.. i dont think so... i just knew when i saw all the icons big

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

i restarted... it says starting windows like normal... then welcome... but everything is huge... and i cant connect to internet.. so idk if its safemode actually.. but something wacky is happening

Advertisements

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

it looks normal... just huge... and cant connect... that seems to be only difference

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
It doesn't looks like you're in Safe Mode to me as it's not written on the background and your background is being displayed normally.
Right-click on the desktop, to go the "View" options and change the icon size to "Medium". How does it looks like ?

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

that made them bigger... i went to small.. and they are still very large... and there is a big black edge to the screen.. 

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

the background picture is very stretched and large also

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

that made them bigger... i went to small.. and they are still very large... and there is a big black edge to the screen..

The best would be to take a picture of the whole desktop (the monitor I guess) and post it here. This will clearly tell us if you're in Safe Mode or not.
Did you interrupt the chkdsk scan or did you let it run until the end ?