Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Auto KMS

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Soumyadeep

Soumyadeep

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

I was trying to install Auto KMs in windows 10, but this error came to me.

Created C:\WINDOWS\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe
Failed to create AutoKMS Scheduled Task
The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
Cleaning up as AutoKMS is partially installed
Deleted C:\WINDOWS\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe
AutoKMS failed to install!

Please help me. I need to install it.

Advertisements

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts

Are you trying to install a cracked/pirated version of Windows 10 or just Office?

Soumyadeep

Soumyadeep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

No, I have the cracked version of windows 10. I had Windows 7 ultimate original version earlier. But after that I upgraded my os to windows 10 as Microsoft was offering free up-gradation. For a month, I had no problem, but for the past 3 weeks, it's showing that windows is not activated. So a friend suggested me to install auto kms but now this error is showing.

Edited by Soumyadeep, 28 September 2015 - 03:56 AM.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts

Where did you get your copy of Windows 10?

Soumyadeep

Soumyadeep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I initially registered myself for this free upgradation. After a few months, after windows 10 was launched, I downloaded media creation tool from microsoft's website. Then I downloaded windows.

Edited by Soumyadeep, 28 September 2015 - 09:36 AM.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts

The AutoKMS file is used to bypass the activation on illegal copies of Windows products. We won't assist anyone trying to use software obtained illegally. But since you got Windows 10 from the M'soft site and it initially worked there seems to be an issue with the upgrade. Looks like it's a problem many have experienced.

I am not a system tech and I don't have any experience upgrading a system to Windows 10. But I will ask one to look at this for you.

Soumyadeep

Soumyadeep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

OK. I will be extremely glad if someone can help me out in this case. I am really getting troubled with this thing. Thank you for your time.

nordvark

nordvark

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Windows download from the microsoft site, but what about the windows version that was installed before the 10 upgrade, to use autokms means something is pirate here.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Soumyadeep,

Welcome to GeeksToGo! :)

I am a bit confused here. You said that you initially registered for the free upgrade a few months ago. I assume this was when Windows 10 was offered as a free upgrade in July through the Windows Update applet. Is that correct?

Which edition (Home or Pro/7 or 8.1/32 or 64-bit) of Windows was installed prior to upgrading to Windows 10 and which version of Windows 10 (Home or Pro/32 or 64-bit) did you upgrade to?

If you had upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8.1, Home or Pro editions, please have a look at the following link:

Why can't I activate Windows 10?

Have you tried any of those options to activate Windows 10?

Please keep us informed.

Edited to add information.

Soumyadeep

Soumyadeep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi. Yes I registered for this free up gradation in July. My previous windows version was windows 7 home basic, 64 bit. Now I have windows 10 pro 64 bit. Yes I tried those methods in the link. It was given in settings. But every time I try, it says that windows cannot activate, try again later. This happened for at least 3 weeks. After this my friend suggested this method and it worked for him. He also upgraded to windows 10 from Microsoft link. Thought that this might help me. But instead it is showing me this error.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Try clicking the Activate button several times after each failed attempt. This seems to have worked for many.

Let me know if that is successful.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Ignore that last reply...

My previous windows version was windows 7 home basic, 64 bit. Now I have windows 10 pro 64 bit.

One of my associates just pointed this out.....

You may have the wrong upgrade. From my understanding it has to be the same Windows Edition. You had Windows 7 Home Basic then upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.. They have to be the same Editions of Windows. Product keys are specific to Editions of OS's. You may have to change product keys and I am not sure that will be free since they are different Editions of Windows.

Soumyadeep

Soumyadeep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
One thing I need to tell you. I had to format my c drive once and my CD drive was also not working. So I went to a shop to help me. He had an external CD drive and with that he installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. This was also original as I kept those auto update on and nothing happened. So when I upgraded to windows 10 pro I had windows 7 ultimate not home basic.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Ah! My apologies. I see that in post #3 you did mention that you had W7 Ultimate installed.

I have a feeling that is the problem as to why your upgrade to Windows 10 is not activating. You had Windows 7 Ultimate installed then upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Ultimate and Pro are not the same Windows Editions. I do believe they have to be the same Editions.

Could you please ask your friend what Windows Editions he had installed prior to his upgrade and which Windows 10 Edition he successfully upgraded to.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Hi Soumyadeep,

Can you post the brand and model of the machine? Is it a laptop or desktop?

And to better assist you I would like to see a report, please execute the following:

- Download MGADiag and run the tool

- click Continue

- wait until you see the Copy button and click on it

- paste the report to your post here