Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advice on project for monitoring social media followers and inputting

Social media Database Software

• Please log in to reply

jg22

jg22

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

I am not a software developer but looking for advice on feasibility and where to go to get some software developed.

My company monitors a large number of athletes and sports teams social media followers across a number of different social platforms 2x a month.

At the moment this is a manual, laborious task and I know there must be a way of automating this.

My vision is a database where we insert the URL for an account and select a number of variables such as sport, nation, social media platform etc and this then would go into some software that monitors that pages number of followers daily/weekly from that point onwards.

How we would access the data would be either exporting an excel file and search, produce analysis this way or a function that allows search and analysis tools on the software/programme itself.

What I am asking is:

-is this feasible

-is anyone interested in colloborating on this forum

-what sort of specific type of developers or skills should I be seeking out

I think this could well be a very simple task and I want some advice before approaching freelancers, students or software building companies to help my company on this.

Thanks

Advertisements

LongJohnSilver

LongJohnSilver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

How exactly is this different from many of the other social media monitoring software already out there? This is a genuine question, I'm not trying to be rude. I think the idea needs to be developed a little more, or at least communicated in some more detail. New software always has to bring something new to the table for it to be successful. So tease that out a little more. What is useful and different with your idea? 

And twice a month, as far as social media goes, is very minimal.