Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to install windows 10? (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer King Quiambao , 25 September 2016 - 08:04 AM

hi so here it is. how i installed windows 10. please correct me if i miss anything  first I downloaded the media creation tool from https://www.microsof...load/windows10/to make a WINDOW... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,767 posts

What happened to running the Windows AIO tool King Quiambao, it is important when troubleshooting that you follow the steps and post back with any outcome, not doing so and trying things not suggested can end in disaster  :(

Is the HDD detected in the BIOS, a Seagate HDD will begin with the letters ST and a Western Digital HDD will begin with WD, other brands vary and please note that any mention of a HDD in the BOOT sequence that is not labelled with such letters is only the boot order and not the BIOS detecting the presence of a HDD, see example attachment; 

Edit by phillpower2: Just looked at the Speccy report in your malware thread, a clean install would definitely be your best option as you have a whole load of stuff on the HDD that shouldn`t be there, Avira when you are using Windows Defender and ASUS touch pad drivers on a Sony Vaio etc, your HDD looks ok so the problem most likely Windows related.

If your computer will not boot from the USB ISO you may have UEFI BIOS and need to disable secure boot, canned steps for this below;

If your computer will not boot into Windows at all, power up or restart the computer continually tap or hold down the key that will allow you to access the BIOS on your computer and then do the following;

Select Security -> Secure Boot and then Disabled.
Select Advanced -> System Configuration and then Boot Mode.
Change UEFI Boot to CSM Boot.
Save the changes and Exit the BIOS, commonly F10.

Advertisements

King Quiambao

King Quiambao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Problem solved! :) re-installed windows10.fresh like new. Thanks to this forum :)

Kudos to the guys that tried to help me.really appreciated it guys. :)

chrissymarie

chrissymarie

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Great news King Quiambao. Thank you for letting us know you have solved your problem. And congratulations You have installed the windows OS for the first time, I knew you could do it :D  

Edited by chrissymarie, 24 September 2016 - 08:33 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,767 posts

Aye great news King Quiambao  :thumbsup:

So that it may help others that may read your thread looking for help themselves can you please post how you managed to install Windows 10, thanks.

King Quiambao

King Quiambao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
✓  Best Answer

hi :) so here it is. how i installed windows 10. please correct me if i miss anything :)

first I downloaded the media creation tool from https://www.microsof...load/windows10/to make a WINDOWS 10 ISO in my flashdrive

after i finished creating the ISO, I open my BIOS (on boot up) and changed the boot priority.

made "External Drive" to be the first priority. so that when my PC starts, it will load the Windows 10 installer inside my flashdrive

when the installer loads, i chose "Install Now"

and from there i just followed the steps.

it asked me to enter the license key. since I have activated windows 10 in my PC, i clicked "i dont have a license key"

after it finished the installation, my pc restarted, and from there, it asked me to enter some personalization stuff like PC name, who will use the computer, etc.

that is as far as what I can remember. did I miss anything?please post in your reply if i missed some important things

THANKS TO THIS FORUM FOR HELPING ME OUT! :D

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,767 posts

Thank you for taking time out to post the download and install steps King Quiambao  :thumbsup:

All looks good to me, some BIOS are different but not greatly and I am sure that your steps will help someone else out in the future.

You are most welcome btw and once again thank you for the instructions  :)

King Quiambao

King Quiambao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

i hope i would not get anymore of those problems that i encountered hahaha or if i did, i would surely ask help from you guys again :)

can you please give me advice to prevent having those issues?to make my computer more secured.any trusted apps that you guys use?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,767 posts

Best steps that I would ever suggest are to back up on a regular basis preferably to another source such as an external HDD or the Cloud, keep plenty of free storage space available on your HDD/s 25% for the C: drive and 10 to 15% on data only HDDs, if not using Windows Defender and Firewall in Windows 10, use a good third party AV such as Avast or Avira, a Firewall such as Comodo and back it up with support from MBAM and SuperAntiSpyware.

King Quiambao

King Quiambao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

windows defender and firewall are turned on. will that be enough to protect me? :)

chrissymarie

chrissymarie

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Yes, use an AV software that you trust. Do research to find one that has good reviews. Take Windows defender for an example go to YouTube and see what people are saying about this AV search the web for things people are saying about Windows Defender and then choose one. Only have one real-time scanner on your system, if you have more than one they will cause problems. Download a software onto a thumb drive to scan your system occasionally to back up your first AV. Get a website security like Web of Trust . and research how to surf the web safely. User knowledge is the most effective tool to fight against Malware/Viruses Good luck to you King Quiambao. Your friend Chrissy 

Advertisements

chrissymarie

chrissymarie

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

My Bad I did Not want to post another reply

Edited by chrissymarie, 25 September 2016 - 08:55 AM.

King Quiambao

King Quiambao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

thank you very much Joe, Chrissy and Philpower2! :D you guys are the best.keep doing your thing. :D continue helping those who are having problems with their devices. hope there would be more guys like you out there :))

MORE POWER TO YOU GUYS! :D I would really recommend this forum to my friends. i hope you can help them also :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,767 posts

You are most welcome and we thank you for your kind words King Quiambao  :)