Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Word Press Help!

- - - - - webdesign wordpress html

• Please log in to reply

levi_buttrill

levi_buttrill

• Pip
  • 1 posts

First off I would like to start off by saying I am by no means a webdesign expert. Everything I have learned (not too much) has been self taught. I was working on completely redesigning my current sight with a webdesigner after two weeks of work we were almost finished with the new site. Before we could finish and go live he decided to go back to his old drug use habits and can no longer be reached. Leaving me with a mess and my old site.
I was logging in to word press dash board to try to make a few changes to my old site. I ended up making quite a mess. The first problem I had was I messed up the home page. When you would go to my site, the page template would pop up but in the body it said "page not found try searching the site" instead of showing the content. But when you would click on the "Home" tab it would correctly take you to the home page with all the content.  After messing with it I couldn't get it fixed so I stupidly tried to change the web link to route directly to that tab (mysite.com/home) The problem is I believe I changed the link to my website because now I can no longer access the dashboard or the web site. The site is still somewhat there but it is missing 90% of the content. The last problem is that I tried to go to the wordpress site and log in from there but being that I am not the sitemanager I don't have the correct password. If someone can help me that would be amazing. I can also include a link to my site if you need to see what is going on.
Thanks,
Levi :oops:  :oops: :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  

Advertisements

WillAlt

WillAlt

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hello Levi,

I cant help you solve the problem, but I had a similar situation with my friend, in the end, I never touched anything and just decided to open my own account its free. The only thing you have to pay is the custom domain if you don't want theirs and for the personal site is about $4. There is a multitude of help site about WordPress and my recommendation is to search YouTube and Lynda.com or LinkedIn learning. I learned a lot and there is no need to stress out over something you are not the admin of.