Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error not displaying favicon on wordpress website

favicon wordpress error

• Please log in to reply

softwareout

softwareout

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I recently encountered a bug not displaying favicon, I remember about 1-2 months recently my website still works normally. The problem is that Chrome has an error on Firefox and IE is not. I checked the code to detect an anomaly, the link rel = "icon" href ... has been dropped on the "body", although in the code it was set to "head".
Hope I get some advice from the geekstogo. community.
My English is bad.

2.png

and.

1.png

Edited by softwareout, 18 October 2017 - 12:49 AM.

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

If I remember correctly, browsers have stopped displaying web site favicons in their address field for a long time now because of a security problem. None of my browsers show a favicon on any site I go to. Even well known sites like Microsoft.

As far as problems with Woirdpress web pages, since they use PHP, it is hard to ascertain what your problem may be as it can't be run locally. You would probably get a faster answer contacting those very familiar with Wordpress problems by going to their Forum or Community. Check their support page out: Wordpress Support     

I just went there and even their favicon does not show. I use Firefox, but also tried with Chrome. No favicon shows as has been normal for years now. Even GeekstoGo does not show the favicon in both browsers.