Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why girls should dig geeks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Inu-Ya

Inu-Ya

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

I always thought geeks were cute but a lot of geeks at my highschool scare me sometimes..

View Post

You would go towards me If you saw me :tazz: lol... :) I'm just a normal guy who got into computers. I just know some stuff here and there.

Advertisements

Cadence

Cadence

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Geekiness is sexy. I've always thought so. :tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I'm glad to see this old topic revived. You'll learn to love geeks! :tazz:

HarryMay

HarryMay

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
If "geeks" become cool and popular and the jockers become unpopular,would it still be "cool"to be a geek?I mean you'd be mainsttreamed and all alike.HA HA had a thought.A bunch o geeks gathered at the local bar one sunday staring at a monitor and instead of a football game?there's a screenshot of some new hardware or something.

Inu-Ya

Inu-Ya

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

I'm glad to see this old topic revived. You'll learn to love geeks! :)

View Post

Yup, But geeks now are different to what they were back in the day. Wearing big glasses and laughed at computer jokes :woot: *Never got any of them* But geeks now arer just normal good looking people and just plan normal whitch is a good thing cause people who are not into computers look up to you as a cool dude. I myself skateboard and junk. I'm normal but I got into computers. I only know so much that now I'm trying to lay off. I spend most of my time with my GirlFriend :tazz:

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
I'm guilty of geekhood too. Never had a girlfriend, probably won't while I'm still in High School. I am close with a lot of girls though. It must be that "kind, sensitive, caring" side of us geeks.

EDIT: Just had a thought. The first part of my signature shows my geekhood...
"There are 10 types of people in the world...
those who understand binary and those who don't."

Edited by masterj3000, 13 October 2005 - 09:31 PM.

Melissa-chan

Melissa-chan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I agree that the definition of a geek has changed over the past few years.
I find, however, that it is still the stereotypical image of a geek that I find attractive. I just can't help it; I'm a sucker for awkward guys with glasses. Extra points for pocket protectors and anime lovers!
Needless to say my friends don't quite understand my choice in the opposite sex. Most 12th grade girls are trying to catch the high school quarterback while I have my eye on the guy with a Trigun T-shirt.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

But geeks now are just plain normal

we are?? :tazz: :)

Danny

Danny

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
Well, I'ma hot geek :woot:

You dunno how many girls like me...hahaha :)

Danny :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I wouldn't say "hot", Danny. You got to age quite a lot, first :tazz: But yeah..you're a cutie.

Advertisements

Bobbla

Bobbla

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
hmm.. when I read this I'm just thinking..... hmm.. hmm.. hmm.. so.. to be a geek you have to be a very intellectual person.. good at remembering stuff(I really know the art of forgetting.. forgot my own birthday :tazz: ) and know alot of stuff about computers.. hmm.. well.. then I'm not a geek.. even tho.. I site a lot infront of the computer.. a couple of hours a day..

hmm.. I wonder how many girls in the world that can be categorist as a geek.. would be lovly to have a gf that actully know anything about computers.. it might look like I have had a gf.. but I have never had one.. and I'm to shy to ask someone to become it.. me in a nut shell :)

Danny

Danny

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

I'm to shy to ask someone to become it..

You should've seen me... :)

After the first time it's easy :woot:

All you need to do is get to know them... I like this girl, but I'm not going to ask her out for a month or two....

Danny :tazz:

Bobbla

Bobbla

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
you sound quite selfconfident.. I'm more like a outsider.. I spend alot of time reading and writing infront of the computer.. and gaming.. I don't know.. my problem is more like... I just don't have the same interests as most of the others at my age.. in a way.... most of the people at my age go out and get drunk and stuff like that.. and I don't drink.. of couse.. that shoulden't be a big problem.. but I'm no party animal.. I'm just the guy that likes to have some quality time infront of my computer.. and to say it as it is.. I probebly have more friends on the internet then in my town.. ofcouse.. I know many many people in my town.. but since I'm spending a lot of time infront of my computer I talk to a lot more people infront of the computer then when I'm not.. I guess there are many like me.. but o well.. you can never be sure about anything.. gah!

Danny

Danny

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
hmm...How often do you spend a day on the computer? Me, I spend arount 3-5 hours a day...

Bobbla

Bobbla

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
well... from 0 hours to.. 48 hours(LAN!)... yeah I know.. 48 hours a DAY! :tazz:

usually its.. from I don't know.. now and then.. 0 hours.. and thats not often!! other days when I don't have anything to do.. at all!! I can spend up to 12 hours.. but when you think about it I only sleep around 4 to 6 hours a day.. so others might sleep more then me much more.. like now.. I bet all.. atlast most of the people in my class sleeps now.. the clock is 5:15AM/0515.. and school start later today.. so in a way when someone says that they sit infront of the computer for 5 hours they might also sleep for 10 hours.. so in a way they use 15 hours of the 24 on computer and sleep that day.. but if I am to sit infront of the computer for 5 hours one day I would probebly end up with using 9 to 11 hours a day on sleeping and siting infront of a computer.. well..... exept maybe when I don't have school or something els that makes me wake up early.. I got no problem with waking up to dinner..

I guess in the end.. I sit infront of the computer when most people sleep.. and on a side note.. I live in a small town.. somewhere between 5k to 7k people.. and there is not many things to do.. most of us likes to play online computer game against eachother when we're not at school :)

I hope that kinda answer your question :woot: