Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why girls should dig geeks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Danny

Danny

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
Hmm...i usually do get up before everyone else too..but at school, you just have to talk to whoever you may like (not too much, tho) and get to know her. Just call her or IM her or something. Invite her over, teach her to play WoW or somthing (Nice date :)) jk jk....

But seriously. If you invite her over, don't just sit it home, go for a walk for icecream or something.....

Danny :tazz:

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
umm... Danny if I remember right, and hinted at by Kat aren't you a bit young for a Date or anything like that.

Danny

Danny

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
Kat knows what i did

:tazz:

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Well. Hmm. Yeah, I guess I am a total geek. And I wear the title with pride, I don't hide it! :woot:
I guess.. I sit in front of the computer for an hour, all the way to ..14 hours a day :tazz:
Most of the time it's an MMORPG that has me addicted..(Guild Wars, Final Fantasy XI) Or I'm fixing my computer-thing. Also looking to become a Geek U :woot:. If I'm not playing a game(if it runs) I'm fixing my computer..thing. It sucks. I'm too young(for a job[15]) and my parents won't buy me another machine ;_;
It's.. 5 years old with an 8 GB hard-drive, 667 MHz Processor, and many other disturbing things. So bad!
But anyway, I respect the person that started this topic. Geeks > Preps, jocks, etc. We're a lot more 'loyal' to our significant other, and we don't obsess over Sex i.e.: 'zomg she iz teh hott I'm going to secks her.' ..:) More than half the populace doesn't know what 'love' is. They simply experience physical attraction and think they're their soul mate. They'll probably end up working for us anyway, some day. :woot:

Edited by Oniketsoku, 24 October 2005 - 06:57 AM.

Bobbla

Bobbla

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Kat knows what i did

:)

spil it!! I promis not to laugh :woot:

hmm.. icecream.. did I mention that we got snow where I live? like outside.. yeah its winter here already..... :tazz: my computer likes it.. but thats it! but I guess I could always go a cafe or something :P I'm a fan of a quiet life :woot:

by the way.. I don't like WoW.. I like Soldner :woot: --> www.secretwars.net <--

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
with as bad as you are at scramble..i can see why it was hard for you to ask someone out the first time danny...i mean jeeeeze...hehehe

Danny

Danny

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
:tazz:

I'm too young(for a job[15]

Hmm..I can get a job at 14 here......

spil it!! I promis not to laugh

Nah :)

Danny :thumbup:

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Hmm..I can get a job at 14 here......

Yeah, most laces can, but I live on some island on the east coast of Florida(Satellite Beach) and noone wants to hire a 15-year-old T_T

I did fit in a half hour of running, kinda surveying the damage from the storm :tazz:

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
The best advice that i can give someone in regards to trying to get a girl is conversation. If you read "How to make friends and influence people" there are a couple of rules that you must do to win someone over.
1. Smile, it is very important
2. Be genuinly interested in what they say
3. Be a good listener
There are some more but those help out alot. But if you are still in high school disregard those. Girl that are in high school want the bad guy the one who drinks and smoke and is just bad. That is a generalization because you could find a good one out of the bunch. But my advice is to go out and meet as many people as possible. Go to social events. Personally i just joined a Frat and i don't drink or smoke and am not really a party animal but i go and have a good time it is just a matter of showing up and acting like you are having fun. I can't tell you how many people i have met by just chillin. I hope this helps anyone.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I'm geek in just about every definition...
I love computers and physics
My favorite subjects are any science and math classes
I have a fairly high GPA (not a 4.0, sadly)
I like science fiction
I can recite 250 digits of pi
I like chess
I love to read
etc.

"There are 10 types of people in the world...
those who understand binary and those who don't."

That's one of my favorite quotes. Just about nobody understands it, either, and then they ask why it says ten. I found a shirt with that on once.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
And the anwer is because 10 in binary = 2 in normal counting. :tazz:

And why is every one trying to say they are a Geek, do you realy need a date that much?

Edited by Michael Buckley, 25 October 2005 - 08:54 PM.

Agentx2

Agentx2

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
ok #1 i think this is a good topic. 2. Can i print this?lol. 3. So many of you are right. 4. How many hours of games do yall play max(tell me and ill tell ya mine hopefully you wont flip out and i got carpel tunnel syndrom from it ouch)
5. Only the networking part i am not that good at but i think to that maybe more girls should reconize "us people" that work with computers and help all kinds of people in different kinds of communties, heck i'll admit i have 3 to 5 girls after me right now and thats been about for like 2 years, its kinda driving me a little nuts. :tazz: .

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I used to play games a couple of hours a day now im lucky if i get 1 every couple of days. I cant say that the scottish chicks dig geeks i havent seen many that are into my particular brand of geek, since im doing a science and engineering degree we are all really one kind of geek or another.

Agentx2

Agentx2

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
well one time when i was so stuck on playing games on this computer which was about over a year ago i played about 132 hours in one week total. ( during easter) it wore me the **** out.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I know alllllll about Danny! And I'm not telling. Not even for chocolate :tazz: