Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need a new laptop with a budget of 1100$

Suggestions Advice New laptop

• Please log in to reply

xLolipop

xLolipop

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello, 

My 5 year old laptop finally turned into a potato, while this is heartbreaking, I need a new laptop.

I'm pretty knowledgeable with pc components and whatnot, I'm not looking for a gaming machine, I'm looking for a studying/casual use laptop. Here's what I want in it:

A really good looking screen, with good contrast and bright colors, definitely not smaller than 14in, has at least 2 USB 3 ports, lightweight, has decent battery life(minimum 8hours), and has good computing power(won't crash or slow down if I run too many programs at the same time) 

I don't know if I'm asking too much for my budget, but an SSD would be nice(not that I mind an HDD) 

Or alternatively, if you know anything that's similar to the Lenovo X1 carbon that is within my budget, you can also recommend it 

I've used my dad's X1 for a while(since my laptop has been slowing down for a while before it vegetabled) and it's a fantastic device

I've already started looking through Amazon, but would love to hear your suggestions

Thanks in advance!  

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

http://www.dell.com/...ptop/dncwtr760s