Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AMD High Definition Audio Device > This device cannot start. (Code

Audio Sound Device Code10

• Please log in to reply

CJaafar

CJaafar

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello Geeks to Go

I have a custom built desktop with these specs :

Motherboard : ASRock 960GM-VGS3 FX

CPU : AMD FX-4300

GPU : Asus Radeon RX 470 Series

8GB RAM

Kingston SSD 128Gb + HDD 500Gb

No matter what I do I can't figure out a way to remove the error from the AMD High Definition Audio Device , The computer is connected to the TV with a DVI to HDMI adapter ( it might be the reason I don't get sound) I have another Device which is Realtek Sound Device ( I use it for Headphones )

I want to know that if the DVI is unable to send sound information to TV will it cause the AMD Audio Device to display the Code 10 error ?

To fix the Code 10 error , I tried to Start the Service , To Install Windows Drivers , To Install from Driver  Easy , Tried to Update Windows , I tried the Fresh Windows 10 installation as well .

1.PNG 2.PNG

Thank you for any reply.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:welcome:   CJaafar,

The default audio is the MBs own Realtek device that you are using for your headphones, the AMD device is associated with your graphics card audio capability which is secondary to the Realtek device so the AMD audio will not work in any event.

You can get audio to work through a DVI to HDMI adapter but it does require a bit of work and financial outlay , see info here