Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Membership badges

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

The old Submariner

The old Submariner

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Good morning all,

As membership secretary of a local gun club, part of my remit is to make-up ID badges.  I am using "Office Home and student 2010 which has been on my PC since I have had it.

Making the actual badge isn't a problem, but when I insert the members photograph (which is a passport sized photo which I have scanned on my Canon flatbed scanner and saved onto my PC) into the box on the card, and try to resize it to fit the box, it seems to be anchored to the right and to the bottom of the box, so trying to expand the photo to fit the box is an impossibility, has anyone got thoughts on how to get over this and somehow remove the anchors (which is my term for them) so that I can get the right sized picture?

Kind regards to all

Graham

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Hi Graham, Try this:

1 Create the basic document (ID card) in Microsoft Word.

2  In the upper menu ( File View Insert etc) click on Insert

3 Click on the picture icon

4 Navigate to where your pictures are saved and click on the ID photo,then click on Insert

You should now be able to move the image resize it etc.

Post back if you find any difficulties with this method.

Good luck!

Regards

paws

The old Submariner

The old Submariner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Hi Graham, Try this:

1 Create the basic document (ID card) in Microsoft Word.

2  In the upper menu ( File View Insert etc) click on Insert

3 Click on the picture icon

4 Navigate to where your pictures are saved and click on the ID photo,then click on Insert

You should now be able to move the image resize it etc.

Post back if you find any difficulties with this method.

Good luck!

Regards

paws

Good morning Paws,

Thank you once again for your reply.  I will try this when I have finished trawling through the rest of my emails.  I tried the method you gave me on the subject of Google adding extra characters with no success,EDIT by paws...link to topic

http://www.geekstogo...l/#entry2644925

so ao still looking for an answer to that small problem.  As it is, I am using Microsoft Edge until I can find a way of stopping it.

Many thanks

Graham