Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

don't do it again after recovery / do it again before

• Please log in to reply

jcham504

jcham504

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

I have an application called "Do it Again" by spacetornado software. Who is now non existant. The app worked fine prior to my having to do a recovery of my win 10 sys. Now when I try to open it to create a new macro i get a message (attacthed marked "first") telling me that the Microsoft Net framework security policy will not allow it to function and to either contact the admin or use the MS net framework configuration tool. I have no idea what this means or what or how to correct it so I can use the app as I did before the recovery. Can anyone help me get it to work. I attached the specs of my system.

Attached Files

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Try right clicking on the Do it Again link and select More then Run as Administrator.  That brings up the app without the error tho I'm not familiar with the program so can't tell you if that fixes everything. 

I haven't tried it and it's not recommended but you might be able to change the User Account Control settings to the lowest setting and then you probably won't need to right click and run as admin.  Search for

User Account Control

and hit Enter then slide the slider all the way to the bottom.  OK.  (Think you need to reboot for the change to take effect.)  Expect that is the setting that reverted back to default during the recovery.

jcham504

jcham504

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Don't know what user acct control is or does so i will leave it alone. I tried the "run as Admin" solution and it works as long as I do it each time i want to open the app. Thank you for the help. I probably need to find another app. to record the repetative mouse clicks I want to save. The mouse click routine I'm trying to save and run is: open cccleaner - analyze - run cleaner - close app - open Glary untilities - scan for issues - close app.. Do it Again is the only way I have found to do the above. Any suggestions? Thanks again for the help....

Edited by jcham504, 15 June 2023 - 02:53 PM.