Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2 Video Problem

• Please log in to reply

slide5050

slide5050

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

So which do i choose then for best gaming :tazz:

View Post

uhm...dude...you don't just grab a random driver....what graphics card do you have? but in this case since i'm guessing you don't know to much about pc's...due to the above quote....i would go for those omega drivers....altough i don't know what they are..they sound good for your case...do you know what card you have?

Advertisements

Brownie15

Brownie15

• Pip
  • 7 posts
ok thanks do they have a site

Brownie15

Brownie15

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Which one shiould i get

Brownie15

Brownie15

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Which omega one should i choose then

slide5050

slide5050

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
http://www.omegadrivers.net/
you'd better know what kind of graphics card you have....right click on your desktop...go to properties..go to settings......in a bar it should say [1. plu gand play montor on {whatever graphics card you have is here]}what does it say? do you have xp?

Brownie15

Brownie15

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Its says NVIDIA Ge Force4 MX 440

Brownie15

Brownie15

• Pip
  • 7 posts
And i have windows XP

aftershok

aftershok

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
If your gonna get a new Graphics Card, I suggest you get a ATI one....
How fast is your proccessor? Is it a AMD Athlon or a INTEL inside?? or another version

-------=---------------------------
Required

Operating System: Windows XP (32 bit version) with Administrator rights
Processor: 1.7 GHz or faster processor
RAM: 512 MB or more RAM
Video Card: Supported 128 MB video card with the newest manufacturer drivers
CD-ROM: 8x or faster CD/DVD drive
Hard Drive: 2.3 GB free hard disk space plus space for the Windows swap file and save data

Recommended

Processor: 2.4 GHz or faster processor Supported Processors: Intel Pentium 4, Xeon, Extreme Edition, Celeron D AMD Athlon XP, Athlon 64, Athlon 64-FX, Sempron
RAM: 1 GB or more RAM
Video Card: Supported 256 MB video card with the newest manufacturer drivers Supported Video Cards: ATI Radeon X700 (PCIe), X600 (PCIe), X800 XT Platinum Edition, X800 PRO, X300 series. 9800 series, 9700 series, 9600 series, 9559 (RV350LX), 9500 series, 8500 series N
-------------=------------------------------

Make sure you have a video card that is supported....

It sounds like your computer doesnt meet the sytem requirements....

Good Luck,

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Why do you suggest only ATI cards. I think you should offer a variety of both. ATI and nVidia are even. The only advantage nVidia has over ATI is the 7800gtx which will soon be countered with the R520. Really ATI vs nVidia doesn't mater. What matters are the last 3 digits of your video card(ex. 9800 >>>>800 since its 800 its better than the x600). Thats why the NEW 6200 is a crummy card and is only better than the 5200 which was in the series before it.The 6200 is not better than the 5900 which is older than it, that is a mistake many people make.The first digit is the series number. All that it determines is features like AA and shaders, It does not determine raw power although, It is a good idea to buy a card from a newer series. A newer series card is not always better (ex. x600<9600). but usually they are.

Note: The xXXX and 9xxx series I refer to are ATI. The 6xxx and 5xxx are nVidia cards.

Note 2: Don't compare the last 3 digits when comparing ATi to NVIDIA although the 6200 and the x300 are near even and the 9600 and the 5700 are near even too.

Edited by MOLEXRULZ, 20 July 2005 - 11:20 AM.

aftershok

aftershok

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I just prefer ATI over nVida. But does his computer meet BF2 system requirements. Make sure your video card has 128 mb of ram and your computer has atleast 512 mb ram. I suggest you have 1 gb of ram it will run alot smoother....

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon x300 (I use a laptop to play BF2), and 512 MB of ram. It runs pretty well, I wish I had 1 GB though.... :tazz:

Advertisements

aftershok

aftershok

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
My clan BF2 Server, has 2 GB of ram. If you are expierianceing video problems in Online play, then you should find out if its your computer or the server. I am just thinking of random solutions......

Is the Server you play in patched?
Is the Server you play in Dedicated?
Whats the Server Pint?
How many players are there in that server?

just some simple questions to ask...

Just trying to help,

ecurb

ecurb

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Before you rip into me, I just joined this forum because of the same nVidia GeForce 6200 v. Battlefield 2 issue... chalk it up to the desire to have a fast laptop with gaming abilities (I hear laughter). Without debate or editorial comment do you have any idea how to update the drivers if the manufacturer's downloads do not work or is there any way you can post some steps? Thanks in advance.

Rob06

Rob06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Well as I have said, it worked fine until I updated my AGP drivers because my video would freeze on full acceleration, and by the way every other game runs fine.

aftershok

aftershok

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Well,

First step is to find out what version your video drivers are. If it is not 77.72 then it is out-of-date...Here is the download link for the latest Driver...

http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_77.72.html

Hope it helps and good luck!

Edited by aftershok, 20 July 2005 - 10:24 PM.

ecurb

ecurb

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks for the response. It means alot. I am checking out the version of the drivers.