Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

When I turn on my computer it only last for 2 seconds before it stops,

Help Notworking Newbie

• Please log in to reply

Megasebapop

Megasebapop

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Yesterday my dad was trying to install an air conditioner in my room, and he was messing around with the plugs and even more scaringly, placed something slightly wet on the top of the pc (not directly above the holes but near), and then when I turned in my monitor i was immediately met with my whole entire screen frozen and my mouse and keyboard didnt have a connection to the pc despite it being plugged so I turned the pc off, and every time I turned it on from then I was met with the cycle of turning it for 2 seconds (the fans would only move for 2 seconds as well) and turning off.

Specs:
Gpu: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHZ
RAM: 8 GB
Power supply: EVGA 500B
Videos of it turning off and on and the inside of the tower:
https://imgur.com/a/ucRCc1S

Thank you guys and Im quite new to pc stuff but if anything I will be quick to respond.

Advertisements

Megasebapop

Megasebapop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Also forgot to mention but I have tried using different plugs around the house.