Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Buildin a new pc PLEASE HELP! IMPORTANT!

• Please log in to reply

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
oh and jrm is this a good power supply? http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817148005 it looks cool since im gettin the case u recommended i want the stuff to look pretty nice is this a good one or is it a P.O.S?

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
It should be fine the 12+ volt amps are fine..

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Aspire is an ok brand and if you like how that looks you should get it.

anoobrew

anoobrew

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820145450

23 buck more for better ram

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
i cant see the link says i dont have credentials or sumthing

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
o i c newegg is updating website or sumthin dont know why i cant get in.... weird.

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
nvm last post its gone and i can see ram now, i would go with it but im on a budget and i really cant

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
btw how come newegg isnt combining shipping on my stuff? its like 30 dollars for 2 things, is it supposed to be like that or is it mistake?

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Thanks a lot everyone for helpoing me im buying the stuff right now, and i really appreciate all the help especially jrm, and btw can some1 respond to my last Question about the shipping, and i was just wondering how does the AMD proccessor im buying compare to an intel i know amd is better and thats what im going with but im just wondering.

THanks
~Peter

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
can some1 answer my last posts lol

~Thanks Peter

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Dunno about newegg they dont sell in the uk, AMd chips are basically much more efficient and cleverly designed unlike the intels which are just as much power and features they can get on the chip but its not as refined as an AMD, best description i can give you more detail but there are tones of articles on how AMD pwns intel.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
On the shipping its suppost to be all added up together... Click on the add to cart then goto continue shopping every time..

I would stick with an amd processor. It will suit your needs.
Newegg is a very reliable company. If something is defective, call them up or email them the problem and they can switch it for a new one. :tazz:

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
K thanks, and i am sticking with an AMD i was just wondering how they compare, and i got a little raise so im going to upgrade my proccesor to the 3700 instead of 3200, do you think thats a smart idea or is there something i should upgrade instead of that?
And btw can that video card handle any game on the market on average settings, because if not id rather upgrade that instead.

Thanks
~Peter

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
no, not a bad idea to upgrade the cpu to a 3700+ of course but, I would rather have 2gb of ram instead of getting the more expensive cpu. Not alot of speed difference between the 2 processors.

Id go with 2gb of ram.

oops put the wrong core lmao.

Edited by jrm20, 11 January 2006 - 03:31 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
There is not venice 3700+ its a san diego core and thats a big improvement over venice. Ram is an easier upgrade than a cpu so im always inclined to go more towards a faster cpu.