Malware how-to guides information

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

maw4bc

maw4bc

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
My Desktop computer w/ windows XP (the infected computer) will not allow me to use the internet for anything besides google. All other websites don't work and for that reason I can not get anything installed. I have followed all of the You-Must-Read-Before-Posting-Hijackthis-Log-t2852.html up until the installation of malwarebytes. After the installation it says "finishing installtion..." and stalls out and never finishes the installation. I try to run the program but it doesnt come up. I tried renaming the program and everything. I actually had to put all four of the programs (atf, system restore, erunt, and malwarebytes) on a jump drive just to get them on my desktop. I am using my apple laptop to write this right now.

Any suggestions on getting malwarebytes to finish installing???

Mike

Advertisements

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
Mike, you did the right thing by posting a HijackThis log in the malware forum as it looks like malware is preventing the installation. I am sure that handhfan will help you to get clean and get MBAM installed.

maw4bc

maw4bc

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
thanks for your reply. I am confident you all can help me. Thanks for all you do for people like me!

The Good Times Panda

The Good Times Panda

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi! I'm not sure whats wrong with my computer. When ever I run a full scan with Norton or Windows Defender it will go all the way till it hits my Zune file. then the whole system will freeze, forcing me to hold down the power button and restart the computer. I did think much of it at first but its starting to get worse. Now i cant leave my computer alone (i.e. just walking away from it/ not doing anything) for between 15-30min or the whole system will freeze. And since I can't do a full scan I have no idea whats going on. I was removing an old game and found a funky file so i googled it and found this place ^^ so im hoping to get this fixed cause i give up lol :)

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Try run the scan in safe mode

The Good Times Panda

The Good Times Panda

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. So I just ran it in safe mode and used norton to do the scan is it froze up at C:/programdata\sy...\{FCF6B885-4248-4736-AC4B-71E813F9DD44}. I have no idea whats going on with that >.<

~ty for any and all help!

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Not sure why that is

If you have malware head over to the malware removal forum though

Often anti-virus scanners get stuck like that

ragtoy99

ragtoy99

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Go to the Malware Removal forum, read the Sticky Threads and follow the steps there.

Then post a HijackThis log in that forum if the problem remains.

how do I find info for removing system guard 2009 :) :)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

PriceIsRight

PriceIsRight

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was doing Spybot and AVG on my EeePC and tons of [bleep] was popping up. My spybot finished first so i clicked fix problems on it then i got logged out on my eeePC. Now i can't log back in at all, it just constantly logs me back out. I tried booting in safe mode and it didn't help. What can i do?

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Sounds like some essential Windows file got damaged.

Your best bet would be to go to the Windows Vista forum and tell them your PC got damaged after you tried some malware removal from the tutorials.

Tell them that Rorschach112 thinks your userinit.exe file has been deleted or that your LSA key has been nuked.

They will be able to fix you up. I would have a look for your Windows CD in the mean time as they may need you to get it.

dylan is the enemy

dylan is the enemy

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey. I think I've got a malware problem. It is causing me nightmares.

A couple of weeks ago, some malware started redirecting my google searches to "shopica" or other advertising sites.

I tried to download some anti-virus software, but that proved fruitless. At first, I was having trouble downloading mal_ware_bytes (my browser shuts down if I spell it correctly). I managed to get a friend to download me a copy, but something is preventing me from running the .exe file.

I'm now unable to run Hi_Jack_This on my computer and any time I try to click on a website that has Hi_Jack_This (spelled correctly), my browser shuts down.

What to do?

(Note: I've tried going to the Malware Removal forum, but whenever the page loads up - you guessed it - my browser crashes)

Edited by dylan is the enemy, 24 February 2009 - 03:17 PM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
removed advice

dylan is the enemy

dylan is the enemy

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks so much!

So far, everything has been running smoothly. I've just finished the Hijackthis log. If I can, I will post in the malware removal forum.

Excited!

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
perfect, the rest should be easy to fix now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.