Jump to content
Should be done in normal mode
1) Is everything (ATF clean, ERUNT, scans, HJT etc.) to be done in safe mode or normal or doesn't it matter?
They should not be disabled
2) Should system restore & screensavers always be disabled (heard that sneaky things hide there) or doesn't it matter?
Just continue on with the rest of the steps. Sometimes programs don't work for whatever reason
3) If you can't install 1 or more of the programs (for me it's SysRestorePiont & Sunbelt Firewall) does this mean you still have a "nasty" lurking & should post on the HJT forum or is there more you can do to check before?
4) If you can't control something you used to be able to, despite having apparantly cleared out a "nasty", does it mean it's still there or just that it may have left a hole in the program it used to control?
Yes one after another.
5) Are all these antispyware programs to be used 1 after the other, do you pick & choose which to install according to your Internet use... or what?
Edited by Arlyanna, 04 May 2009 - 10:24 AM.
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users
Community Forum Software by IP.Board
Licensed to: Geeks to Go, Inc.