Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did you get your nick?

• Please log in to reply

Sub-Zer0

Sub-Zer0

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
SubZero was my favourite character in the video game mortal kombat back when I was a kid.
Bit random but I think Its cool :ph34r:

Advertisements

Alias50

Alias50

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
As long as I can remember, Alias50 has been my handle wherever I go. I used to watch Alias as a kid, in fact, it's still one of my all-time favorite shows ten years later. That's probably where this came from in the first place. (Why didn't I just go Alias47 then? Maybe it was taken, who knows) In any case, I thought of it one time, and it stuck.

GeekRox

GeekRox

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Mine is simply really...I am a rockin' geek who loves rock music. :0)

Alysher

Alysher

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
first initial and last name......and its my second choice of nick.....neo was taken(matrix)

cncman

cncman

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I programmed CNC machinery for 20+ years. One of my fellow managers called me that at a meeting, and it stuck.

Athena28

Athena28

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Athena is my favorite Greek Goddess. 28 is the date of my birth.

JhOnNyBg00d

JhOnNyBg00d

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, my name is Juan, spanish for John... and I like the song johnny be good, specially on the scene from Back to the future, also cause im not good at all n i try to remind it to myself every once in a while ... LOL....

michael york

michael york

• Pip
  • 0 posts
It's my real name

michael york

michael york

• Pip
  • 0 posts
It's my real name. Please forgive me I'm running in safe mode with networking. My issue is this: @ days ago started having display freezes and blackouts Ran Norton Eraser which identified a file as "bad" Norton fix said erased but on reboot same file shows up again C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\rikvm_9EC60124.sys Please Help Thank You for your consideration M York

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

Advertisements

jesferkicks

jesferkicks

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Got it back in the days of Quake 2. Was talking to a clan mate while waiting for an online game to start and he asked me why I play Quake. My response was 'Just For Kicks'. He started calling me "Just for kicks' in subsequent games, the clan picked it up, then other clan's and it began to stick. It has morphed into 'jesferkicks' over the years.

xultra

xultra

• Pip
  • 0 posts
My frineds years ago gave me the nickname Xultra. meaning (Ultra funny) and (x) for extra. Xultra

Aristazi

Aristazi

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Hi! Nice to see so many nick explanations :)

I came up with the name Aristazi when I was in high school playing FFVII. You get to name your characters and I really loved adding "Z" into the names, so Aeris became Aristazi. I fell in love that character and the name I gave her and so have used it ever since.

In case you're curious what I named my other characters in FFVII:
Cloud = Ruvitz (yeah, nothing like "Cloud"... I'd written a short story about a baby fox in middle school and liked the name I gave him, so I used it :) If I were a boy this might be my Nick today instead ;)
Yuffie = Yuquaz
Barret = Barutz
I think maybe I left the rest as they were originally, cause those are the only ones I remember.

cobra46

cobra46

• Pip
  • 0 posts
I got my nick name in high school. My reactions were quick back then. Now they are more at a snail's pace.

drruthless

drruthless

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Das ist in der Doktor!

How I came to be known as...
A friend that I worked with, would celebrate the New Year by broadcasting on a pirate radio station he would put together by using a few "spare" parts we had borrowed for the occasion from work.
One year someone came up with the idea of putting on a radio show with the format where people would call in and ask for advice about personal problems, and receive an answer on air..
Due to the fact I was about the only one who could hold a microphone let alone remain sitting upright in a chair for any length of time, ( despite large amounts of alcohol having been consumed )
I was picked to play "The Doctor"
So in the worst German accent you can imagine I started taking calls and slurring out advice.
Somehow the phone number got out to the general public and we took a call from a elderly lady who's problem was that she was in the middle of giving her dog a bath and her husband called and needed to be picked up from the airport RIGHT NOW !! and what was she to do with a sopping wet dog?
So,I asked her,
(Sigmund Freud is now talking..)

..do you have a microwave oven?
She said yes.
And I asked,
es..it a "large" microwave oven?
and she said yes...
And I asked,
es this dog that es sopping wet, a small dog?
and she said,yes.
Well I said,
the solution es easy,
you just pop the dog in the microwave ont high
and fluffy will be medium rare and bone dry in no time!
Now,imagine if you will,
the sound a phone hitting the kitchen floor and off in the distance,
you hear a hysterical old womam crying.
At this point, our host, who also has hit the floor,
raises his head up and gasps,
...God Doctor,
you were ruthless

..____________
~ Free advice is like your public defender,
…you get what you pay for. ~ drr