Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to take my anger out

• Please log in to reply

rattlenhum

rattlenhum

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I agree..drums every time. Its the best way to release! Don't know how many skins I went through during my teens :)

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Let alone sticks... Luckily for me I don't have my own set, although I don't mind having a bash on someone else's kit if I ever get the chance. That way I don't have to foot the general maintenance $$$. :)

Music is a good way to help release some stress, although the wrong type (hard to get specific here as it would vary between each person) can make it worse.

Either way, it looks like there's a lot of different ideas mentioned here for you to think/try. Who woulda thunk geeks get angry? :)

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Electric drums ftw. Bang on them as hard as you want, and nobody will hear a thing! :)

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
:)

I like cymbals. Even thought they hurt your hearing (use earplugs to avoid), just feeling the rattle (up the sticks in to your arms) stirs up good adrenaline.

Edited by DragonMaster Jay, 27 May 2009 - 07:30 PM.

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
I was taught that in order to take your anger out in a safe way, that you could beat the heck outta your pillow by punching it......but I am not sure if that would be a help or not, because some people have a heavier hand then others do - I learned this in a self assertiveness class :)

Brian

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I couldn't do that to my pillow... :)

normonster

normonster

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Fortune-
There's a great book out about anger and is well worth the read. I belive the title is "Anger-The misunderstood Emotion" and the author is Carol Tavris. About twenty five years ago my ex-wife conned me into letting my son visit her for a month. She had been quite unstable but was showing progress. I checked her out with a few relatives and she seemed to be real so I gave in and put him on a plane. She whisked him out of the US and I haven't seen him since. That book kept me alive and has allowed me to return to a normal life. It also helped me with a lot of other things throughout the years. It is the most valuable tool I've ever found for living...

I highly recommend it.
normonster

CompooterDummy

CompooterDummy

Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Anger - The Misunderstood Emotion: I found some interesting reviews Here

Johnny Tootall

Johnny Tootall

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I like to clench all the muscles in my body and then release them. you could also try screaming as loud as you can (best by yourself).

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

I couldn't do that to my pillow... :)

I don't think I would either, however, this was taught to me during the workshop I went to :)

I also find that sometimes my emotions cause my body to "lockup" and this is because of my spasticity. If I get mad enough, ill enough, or excited enough, my spasticity can cause my muscles to tense up when I don't want them to, and this can HURT - I don't know why it happens, but having Cerebral Palsy, I have learned that my body reacts to situations - I even kicked someone once when excited because my muscles just reacted - people who know me expect it, so at least I don't hurt someone :)

Spastic people can also have seizures, and I have seen them before - I have learned to help my friend, because he can tell me when he "does not feel right", and he can tell me how to deal with them - If I am really weak, forget it, I am like a blob of jello, which is why I hate being really sick - Only happened once, but it was NOT cool........

The connection here is that emotions play a big part in how you deal with situations - Luckily for me, I don't have seizures, but emotions can cause my body to do strange things.

Brian

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

emotions can cause my body to do strange things.

Emotions affect many people in very strong ways... It's not just you mate. :) It's all a part of life and living, gotta take the good with the bad.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

emotions can cause my body to do strange things.

Emotions affect many people in very strong ways... It's not just you mate. :) It's all a part of life and living, gotta take the good with the bad.

Isn't that the truth. If I get overly stressed I get muscle twitches. Freaked me out at first, but my doctor said it isn't entirely uncommon for people when they get overly stressed or overly exhausted to have random muscle twitches. Mine is above my eye and my left thigh(that's the really annoying one).

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yeah that also happens to me... It's really funny to watch! My wife said it happens because I'm not eating enough iron - so when it happens I cook up a big steak! YUM!

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Mmm.. steak.. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I use to go out and scream and rant and rave. Now I just put on some good oldies music and tune out the rest of the world.