Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to take my anger out

• Please log in to reply

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Learn martial arts...has that been said yet?

Advertisements

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
I do martial arts and I can tell you one of the best things to do to relieve stress is to exercise.

normonster

normonster

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I'm hoping this doesn't violate the "abortion, religion, politics, or sex" rule but I cast a strong vote for the benefits of Oaxaca ditchweed...stress wise, that is.
normonster

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Oaxaca: location in Mexico.
Ditchweed: Hemp, as drug use. A form of cannabis. Hemp is to be used for industrial (non-personal) use only. So we'll get OFF that subject-if you don't mind.

A good way to also calm down is meditation. Meditation can allow the mind to see things that make you angry and be able to route your anger out of your system.

The biggest sign of anger is not saw until one meditates. Do you agree, Cold Titanium?

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts

The biggest sign of anger is not saw until one meditates. Do you agree, Cold Titanium?

Do you mean "seen"? :) To a point, mediation helps bring out things. In my opinion certain kinds of meditation are dangerous, especially some of the mystical chants. (But the TOU doesn't allow discussion on that so I won't go into it.) I am not that huge of a fan on meditation overall, but any kind of quite reflection/praying is good. It helps calm the nerves and improves focus. Don't go raging at a cool headed person, most of the time you'll get pounded.

Edit: If your not that patient of a person for the finer martial arts that take years to perfect, Krav Maga or Haganah(see my sig Fight 2 Survive) are faster paced and you can usually be pretty proficient at it in about 6-8 Months.

Edited by Cold Titanium, 04 June 2009 - 08:51 PM.

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Actually Saw meant Self-avoiding walk. :) http://en.wikipedia....f-avoiding_walk

(brain science/dynamics :))

Edited by DragonMaster Jay, 04 June 2009 - 09:00 PM.

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
You better watchit doood. I know Taekwondo and Haganah! HiiiiiiYAH!!!

:)

Edited by Cold Titanium, 04 June 2009 - 09:00 PM.

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
:)
No, but really. When a person gets angry, and people call it a tailspin, the person is at real psychological danger.

When a person can meditate, this SAW allows the person to organize their thoughts and throw the bad ones out, so the person does not get angry and do something they'll regret.

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Yeah it's called self-control, stop and think about it.(not trying to be blunt)

[comic relief]I've got plenty of self-control! I promise Master Yoshi! I won't misuse the martial art!

*guy cuts in line*
*WAM!!!* *BAM!!!* *POW!!!* *KICK!!!**SMASH!!* *KNEE* *KNIFE HAND*
See Master? I showed I could control my punches, and hit harder!

Do I get promoted? :) [/comic relief]

normonster

normonster

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Dragonmaster said
"Oaxaca: location in Mexico.
Ditchweed: Hemp, as drug use. A form of cannabis. Hemp is to be used for industrial (non-personal) use only. So we'll get OFF that subject-if you don't mind."

Edited by normonster, 06 June 2009 - 10:00 AM.

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
I was not saying anything against you. It is against law to have hemp (if not used medically), if it is not used industrially. No person should ever have a residence of cannabis anywhere with them (at home or anywhere else).

I was not trying to make you mad. Please calm down. If you would have said it was medical, it would have been more legit of a reply. :)

Edited by DragonMaster Jay, 06 June 2009 - 01:44 AM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Normonster,

I am fully sympathetic of your situation, and in agreement with much of what you say about the use of medical marijuana. Censorship, however, does have its place here - that's why we have a Terms of Use, so we can govern what is said. Our focus on this forum is, obviously, computers and the support thereof. We have many members in their teens; consequently, we have a strong emphasis on family-friendly content. We also, as you know, have strict rules on avoiding discussions about politics, religion, etc., and we cannot allow discussions of what are technically illegal activities. Dragonmaster Jay does not have the authority to bluntly enforce the rules as he did, and I'm sorry you took offense at his statement. I will, however, have to ask you to refrain from further discussions of medical uses of hemp, as the discussion could easily veer into a political fistfight. :). Thanks for your understanding.