Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running a Call of Duty/uo server @home

• Please log in to reply

Nixon

Nixon

• Pip
  • 6 posts
if it does not come up in local then it must be you filters make sure they are all compatible with your server

Advertisements

{S''A}NiTe

{S''A}NiTe

• Pip
  • 6 posts
OK, i got it to work on my other computer but when i tlak to my buddies it doesn't show to them, i see it in my Local, but they don't see it in internet. Now i have it dedicated to Internet, so waht am i doing wrong?

Edited by {S''A}NiTe, 27 July 2006 - 01:27 PM.

slayer2746

slayer2746

• Pip
  • 8 posts
mine shows up in local but does not show up on internet, also when I enter my game it says rudedogs message center is installed but not setup properley. and anthoer thing is every time i try to type something in the console like /rcon status it says no rcon password set so i type /rconpassword "mypassword" like it said and it still says no rcon password set on sever even when i type /rconpassword it says :"mypassword" :default so im confused please help

Nixon

Nixon

• Pip
  • 6 posts
in the console like the main one dont put / just type rconpassword "yourpass"

and to see if it is working put it in, in game /rconpassword yourpass

and to see if it is working type /rcon say hi and it should say

console: hi

and then your rcon should be working

and if you want the server to be easer on you, you should install PAM

http://www.teamwarfa...AM108_Final.zip

and for a list of commands here is a good site

http://www.cod.jolt....=RconGuide.html

Edited by Nixon, 27 July 2006 - 03:42 PM.

slayer2746

slayer2746

• Pip
  • 8 posts
by main one you mean in game press ~ if not then what is the main console

Nixon

Nixon

• Pip
  • 6 posts
the box that comes up when you start a CoD server

{S''A}NiTe

{S''A}NiTe

• Pip
  • 6 posts
You must dedicate it to internet thought first. Ok well back to my problem, I start my server, and i can see it on local. But when my buddies go look for it on the internet, they don't see it. what am i doing wrong???? :whistling: :) :blink: :woot: :help:

Edited by {S''A}NiTe, 29 July 2006 - 01:26 PM.

Nixon

Nixon

• Pip
  • 6 posts
it must be your ports

MoViEsTaR

MoViEsTaR

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Ive not read all of this thread so i might be repeating some else... if so im sorry :whistling: lol

As this thread is called uo server ill base this on coduo but the princable is the same for cod too.

1. Finding your router and router settings

To run a dedicated cod server you need to set your firewall to allow traffic in and out.
Your router comes with a factory set firewall as standard (even the cheap and cheerfulls) this needs to be either switched off (not good idea unless you have a good antivirus etc) or bypassed.

Ok now click on your start and then run, Now type in ipconfig.
Make a note of your computers ip address (something like 192.168.2.2 depending on the amount of computers you have connected to your router) and also make a note of the default gateway (this will also start with 192.168)

Now start up your internet explorer up and in the address bar type in what your default gateway ip was and click 'Go'. You should now have access to your router settings.
All routers are different so this bit is upto you realy.... you need to allow dmz for your computers ip that you made a note of from the ipconfig, you also need to allow port forwarding (normaly in firewall settings) again you need to enter what your computers ip from the ipconfig that you made a note of, it will work if just fine if you just allow port 80. Most will allow you to open a range of ports, again this is upto you on how open you wish your computer to be.

Thats it for the router settings and you should be able to host a dedicated internet server.

2. Creating a proper dedicated server

Well there are a number of ways to do this, some are more complicated than others but ill show you how to make a basic dedicated server. Creating a dedicated server from your main screen is ok but you dont/wont have rcon control of the server to be able to change maps etc etc

1. Make a new shortcut of your coduo.exe (the one you start your game with)
2. You may rename this to serverstart or whatever you like and move it to your desktop or wherever you find best.
3. Right click on this new shortcut and go down to properties.
4. Edit the target so it says "C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\CoDUOMP.exe" +set dedicated 2 +exec config.cfg +map_rotate (please note the spaces)
5. You will now need a .cfg file , this where all your settings are for the server (link inclueded to make one)

http://www.typhoonse...oduobuilderver2
For this example to work plz name it config.cfg

6. now place this file in c:programfiles/callofduty/uo folder

Double click on your new shortcut that you made and your server will startup, (Plz note that its just console that runs and not the actual game) you may now startup your coduo in your normal way with your old shortcut but leave the console screen running in the background.
Your server should now be visable to you in both local and internet games.

3. I get errors like 'maxammo mismatch' and 'script compile error'

These errors are due to mods that you have in your /uo folder... you would have got these from being on other servers and downloaded them.
You need to delete or move the mods out of the /uo folder, most mods have zzz_ at the start of them or maybe just a Z_
Mod maps are fine to leave in the /uo folder but plz remember that if you have them (being the server) then people wanting to join your server must have them also

If you are getting script compile errors because you are wanting to run a mod and this is the only mod you have in your /uo folder then the mod is not compatible with the patch of coduo you are on... this is an easy fix but ill need to know what the mod is and what patch you are on if you want me to fix it.

Hope this helps and ill be happy to help anyone with there server and mods... ill keep a check on this thread for any questions you may have.

Edited by MoViEsTaR, 30 July 2006 - 02:34 PM.

dormage

dormage

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
can i hoste a dedicated server with a (not original) cod on win xp

Advertisements

dormage

dormage

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I FOLOWN YOUR TUTORIALS THAT LOOCKS GREAT BUT I CAN GET IT WORKING
i made the config file but im not playing uo its just cod so what is the diference
anyway when i change the target location i get a warning that the path is not specified
please help me !!!! :whistling:

MoViEsTaR

MoViEsTaR

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

can i hoste a dedicated server with a (not original) cod on win xp

Yes you could use a copy cd as a server doesnt use a cd key to run but to play on it you will need a genuine cd key.

MoViEsTaR

MoViEsTaR

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

I FOLOWN YOUR TUTORIALS THAT LOOCKS GREAT BUT I CAN GET IT WORKING
i made the config file but im not playing uo its just cod so what is the diference
anyway when i change the target location i get a warning that the path is not specified
please help me !!!! :whistling:

If you are wanting to run a cod server use these files...
http://www.rvclan.cl.....ver files.rar
place the config.cfg file in your call of duty /main folder and put the cod shortcut on your desktop.

If your wanting to run a coduo server then use these files....
http://www.rvclan.cl.....ver files.rar
Place the config.cfg file in your call of duty /uo folder and place the coduo shortcut on your desktop.

To edit the config.cfg file to your preffered settings you can open and edit it with note pad.

Edited by MoViEsTaR, 02 August 2006 - 10:09 AM.

slayer2746

slayer2746

• Pip
  • 8 posts
yea i my server works fine but it still doesn't show up on the internet if u have any soultions please tell me any problems i could have.

slayer2746

slayer2746

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I tried doin the port fowarding thing but when i enter the the admin and password after entering ip into the internet it says 401 unthorized.