Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with TrayApp

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok it may be hidden so we have to try a couple of other ways.

Lets see what you have in your startup services area

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Services
Click on the Hide All Microsoft Services
Then uncheck everything that has to do with HP and restart.
If system boots correctly and is running smoothly and faster then we have a startup problem
Try going back into msconfig and check one item and reboot
Keep doing that till you have found the problem or all are finally checked.
Post back with the results

Advertisements

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
There is one thing I could try maybe, it would take some hand holding, but I know my printer worked properly on or around Mid May, I have backed everything up to an external hard drive, prior to that, I have never attempted a recovery from that hard drive, but I'm sure it could be done. I do think this would be a last resort though don't you?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
How To Restore back to a earlier date.

To do a System Restore follow these steps:

 Click Start and then to All Programs
 Scroll to Accessories and then System Tools
 Click on System Restore
 A Welcome screen will come up and you need to click on Restore My Computer To A Earlier Date
 Then click on Next
 Now you will see in the window Select A Restore Point. From here select a date a couple of days before the problem started.
 Then click Next
 On the Confirm Restore Point Selection window verify the Restore Point you chose is correct.
 Close all open programs and click Next
 The computer will now automatically shut down and reboot. When it restarts you will see ”Restoration Complete” page and then click OK
 Once you have made sure that everything is now running correctly then please reply back with the results.
If this does not work then follow the next steps to do a Repair Installation

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please disregard the part about turning off system restore. :thumbsup:

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
OK, I unchecked the only HP items in system config, they were: HP support assistant, HP quick synchronization Service and HP Software Framework Service. I then rebooted and the same start up error occurred: "Windows Cannot find C:\Program files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Bin\HPQTRA08.EXE. I have only rebooted the one time, with the all of the HP services unchecked.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK before doing a system restore please do one more thing for me.

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Here it is. I wanted to take the time to thank you for your time on this, I really do appreciate it.

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nothing there though there were a lot of hp references in it. Nothing pointing toward the error you are getting.

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I think some of the hp references are because this is a Compaq, and that support adviser pertains to all things with my machine. One of the error messages that i receive while trying to do an install is this one ""c:\users\mary\appdata\local\temp\7zs2f94\hpslpsvc64.dll"" this is either blocking the install or it can't find this file, I just happen to see this in the autoruns file. I really have no idea what this may or may not have to do with anything. I fear you are giving up on me, and I understand if you do.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Let me ask a Admin who is very good with this to step in for a second and offer a suggestion or two.

Advertisements

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
OK Great! I'll be here

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello maryisme...

Try running HP's All-in-One Software Removal Utility. Run a level 4 removal...which should remove all leftover HP fragments. Once completed, reboot and see if the error persists.

All software and drivers will need to be reinstalled if you intend to use this device.

wannabe1

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Ok, I will give this a shot. I sure hope this works. Thanks
!

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Ok, I will give this a shot. I sure hope this works. Thanks
!

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
It didn't work. I tried to attach the "step recorder", but the file is too large. Basically, the installation closes it self down at the 9th step. With no other option. I am so frustrated.