Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Freezes while gaming...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

for what does AA or AF stand for?

go here for the lowdown

each game has a section to set AA and AF...you can set them to the max or off or somewhere in between depending how your system handles it...set to high will get you low frame rates and possible system /card crashing...
set to off gets you higher frame rates but with jaggies but is much less work for the card and the system in general...

did you blow out the other 6 vents using compressed air...

Advertisements

romeoke

romeoke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
ow ive stable 125 fps.. so card is doin it good and ive turned that settings off.. for better performance..

is i told u, i saw only 1 vent :S opened it maybe 3 times

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the service manual shows 7 vents...
everything labeled 3 is one...

Attached Thumbnails

• vents.jpg

romeoke

romeoke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
opened again, has 1 fan at nr 3 rightup corner

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
yep...I understand you cleaned the fan...
did you blow out the other sections where the other vents are shown with compressed air

romeoke

romeoke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
hahahahahah :DDDD sorry man... yesterday i was ill, so i was kinda high :D u said vents but ive understood it wrong... coz in belgium fan = ventilator and we just say vent for it... when u said vent i thought u were sayin Ventilator (fan)

yes idd it has 7 vents and 1 fan.. ive cleaned all of them

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
OK...same word but different meanings in different countries...
if the laptop handled the game ok in the past I would suspect there is still a buildup of dust inside blocking or reducing the air flow by the graphic card/chip...the only fix for that is a complete disassembly of the computer with a detailed cleaning...

the only thing left to do is check in the bios for a fan setting or in the power option in the control panel and get that fan speed increased to at least 70%

romeoke

romeoke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
ive never played on my laptop, ive played it always on my desktop (pc).. few weeks ago my pc's gpu got burned up i think :DDD

thats why ive installed the game on laptop and tried to play it on here. ive allready went to bios and the only fan setting there is to able or disable the fan. ive also cleaned every peace but maybe not enough.. as u say. the only thing i can see in power option is to set the fan active or passive

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try setting the game to a lower resolution with AA and AF off...the lowest quality you can go
nojoy...
then I'm afraid that laptop can't handle the game

romeoke

romeoke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
still the same problem.. so it can handle the game.. ive also did the can you run it check.. and it was possitive

Advertisements

romeoke

romeoke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
thanks for all your efforts m8, i think its the airflow.. the heat that causes the problem.. need a way to find a solution for that :D

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome...good luck on cleaning it out... :thumbsup:

romeoke

romeoke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
just a fast question, is there anyway i could increase the gpu vddc?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

is there anyway i could increase the gpu vddc

nope...increasing the voltage = overclocking...and doing that would increase the heat and make your system more unstable than it is now

romeoke

romeoke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
thats bad... ive asked Speedfan to get the config for my motherboard.. still waiting for access :D

ty for fast reply