Some Help with possible Virus [Solved]
Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:32 PM
Select the USB start option, does it give you the F10 save option or does it immediately come up with that ?
Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:35 PM
do I just press F10?
Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:42 PM
System restarted itself I inserted USB and NTLDR is missing press any key to restart
Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:14 PM
Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:46 AM
Download the following files to the desktop .. Right click the links and select save as...then select desktop
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Save this to a USB drive
Run Imgburn and burn the ISO to disc
Instructions are Here
Place the CD in the dead computer and power up :
When the system detects the bootable CD, follow the prompts:
- Press any key to boot from CD...
- The Windows Setup... will proceed.
- Press 'R' to enter the Recovery Console.
- Select the installation you want to access (usually 1: C:\WINDOWS)
- Enter the Administrator password if prompted (usually empty).
- The prompt should show that you are in the C:\WINDOWS folder.
- This is the same as the C:\WINDOWS folder you see in when using explorer.
Insert the USB with FRST on it
At the command prompt type the following :
- notepad and press Enter.
- The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
- Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
- In the command window type e:\frst.exe and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
- The tool will start to run.
- When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press Scan button.
- It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:07 AM
I found the recovery disk. Sorry about that....just found it this minute
Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:09 AM
Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:12 AM
Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:06 AM
This will also install the recovery console on you computer for you , it may come in handy
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users