Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD 0x1000007e ntoskrnl.exe

• Please log in to reply

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Ok have you run the other command winsock reset and at least un-installed the Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock driver and rebooted?

Advertisements

BM50

BM50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have done everything you requested I thought. Did I leave something out?

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Ok open your copy of Autoruns and un tick the items below.

These are under "Task Scheduler"

+ "\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Microsoft Antimalware Scheduled Scan" "" "" "File not found: c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\MpCmdRun.exe"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows Live\SOXE\Extractor Definitions Update Task" "Windows Live Social Object Extractor Engine" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\windows live\soxe\wlsoxe.dll"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\NetTrace\GatherNetworkInfo" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\gathernetworkinfo.vbs"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Media Sharing\UpdateLibrary" "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Configuration Application" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows media player\wmpnscfg.exe"
+ "\SidebarExecute" "Windows Desktop Gadgets" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows sidebar\sidebar.exe"

Close autoruns

Now download Ccleaner from the link below.
http://www.piriform....wnload/standard

Do not use the registry Cleaner of Ccleaner unless you know what you are deleting exactly!!

Now after you install Ccleaner open it hit the tools button then the start up button and disable All items except your antivirus.

Close the program reboot your machine and tell me how things are running.

BM50

BM50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Ok...I disable everything under every tab in startup. Are you trying to improve my performance? I saw a couple of things that needed to be uninstalled for sure. Left over AVG virus stuff and things for goole chrome that I thought had been removed. So is it ok to uninstall this mess or delete the files at least?

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Yes to All here is the AVG removal tool.
http://www.majorgeek...over_d7000.html :thumbsup:

BM50

BM50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
ok rockmilk so what is next. I do need to add Juno Client/pulse back to startup but that is it. Also since I'm new to this site tell me what & where I need to go to write about how you save the day for me and I mean that literally. Also, I received a notification from someone else than you and when I click on the link for the post it wasn't there and when I tried to search on his user name couldn't find him and thought that was strange. Any input about that?

I just want to thank you so much for your help and expertise. You saved me time, money & headaches for someone on a tight budget. This site and people like you that volunteer your services to help people like me is a blessing. You are a rock star in my book and I will be sending more users to this site. So tell me what would help this site and programmers like you that volunteer your services. Seriously, the geek squad at Best Buy was redonkculous on there estimate to trouble shoot my problems.

BM50

BM50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I downloaded that Reimage tool and it's a blank screen until I try to "x" out (close) it. I attached a picture. This can't be right or is it?Blank Screen Reimage.PNG

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Can I ask you for what reason you downloaded Re image?

BM50

BM50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I click on your last software link and clicked download, it was late and I was tired so I guess I downloaded the wrong fix to remove AVG. I will uninstall Reimage. Ah crap, sorry.

BM50

BM50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I click on your last software link and clicked download but got the wrong one. It was late and I was tired so I guess I downloaded the wrong fix to remove AVG. I will uninstall Reimage. Ah crap, sorry.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
It's ok here is the avg page for the removal tool.
http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities

BM50

BM50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I found the correct download last night for my OS and thank you. I was working and it was 3:15am in the morning when I decided to download. There were several downloads on that linked page and I just didn't pay attention to the name AND you have spoiled me and done a lot of hand holding and usually your links go directly to the source... :blink:

So what's next? My machine was running faster but it's like the performance is going down a little bit each day. Enjoy your weekend!

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Sounds like you need to run a check disk on the machine and then defrag.

If you need help with doing so then just ask I am here to help. :)

BM50

BM50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I know how to do this for sure but thanks anyway. I did that on the same day I joined this site. I will do those task again. Happy Sunday!!

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Ok let me know how it turns out.