Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer slows down immensely after a few hours

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
RegistryEasy is a registry cleaner?
The majority of your space looks to be used up by lots of games.

Advertisements

Dawsonluke9

Dawsonluke9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
well im moving all my games to another drive (ive wanted to for awhile but im bad about procrastinating) so what other things should i clean up? and what do you mean about registry easy, im not sure what that is xD

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
According to your PC PitStop log you have a program called RegistryEasy installed. Anytime I see a program related to the registry I think it has something to do with registry cleaning or repairing.
according to cnet download review it is a registry cleaner as described below from their page.

RegistryEasy is a Windows Registry Cleaner that aids you by scanning your PC safely. RegistryEasy cleans the errors and invalid entries that cause system slowdown, freezing and crashing. RegistryEasy repairs registry problems to make your computer run like new again.

It can detected the highest number of accurate registry problems with no false positives. With the step by step scanning wizard easily guides the user through the detection and cleaning process. RegistryEasy also resulted in the highest increase in PC performance after the registry was cleaned.

Read more: Registry Easy - CNET Download.com http://download.cnet...l#ixzz2PWeP4xrS

Dawsonluke9

Dawsonluke9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
oh yea i downloaded that to try and fix this problem as it was recomended to someone else with the same problems and it says if found like 1200 things but i can only repair 25 per scan unless i buy the full version so i decided to keep looking and found this site

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
From my research most of the registry errors are caused by orphaned files from programs being uninstalled. These normally will not cause any problems but show as errors simply because they are not associated with any programs that are installed.
Though not a big issue personally I never recommend any registry cleaner for that problem. I also see you use Ccleaner and I assume you are using the registry cleaner in it also?

Dawsonluke9

Dawsonluke9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
i got ccleaner to free up some space because on my old computer it would sometimes free up like 6+ gigs which was really usefull but it didnt work like that for me on this one so ive only used it 2-3 times its just still there, i really need to clean up my computer but i dont know where to start ive gone through program files and deleted abunch of stuff i dont need and used the uninstall programs in controle panel but theres some i cant delete in program files and i just duno where to start

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK lets try Revo Uninstaller and see if you can get rid of some of the ones that won't uninstall for you.

Download and install Revo Uninstaller
  • Double click the Revo Uninstaller icon on your desktop to start the program
  • Scroll through the listed programs and Right Click on the program you wish to uninstall
  • From the pop out menu choose Uninstall
  • Click Yes to the confirmation dialogue
  • In the next window select the Advanced mode
  • Click Next to start uninstalling the program
  • Answer Yes to confirm the uninstall
  • When the program has completed the four steps, click Next to allow the program to search for leftovers
  • Once complete, click Next, then Finish
  • Repeat the above steps for any other programs you wish to remove.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Dawsonluke9

Dawsonluke9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
so what do you suggest using to clean up the "dead" registry files?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nothing they do no harm being there and the millisecond time ti takes for the OS to go over them is not worth the possibility of completely making your system unusable. The main concern is open the free space up to have at least 12 to 15 percent free space on the drive with the OS on it. When I install a game I have a different hd just for them. I have 3 hd's in my system now. One for OS, one for music and videos and the last is nothing but games.

Dawsonluke9

Dawsonluke9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
like i said im moving all my games to another harddrive so that should help

Advertisements

Dawsonluke9

Dawsonluke9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=25291538 after i moved my steam files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK you need to rerun Auslogics defrag now to get everything in order. Then let me know how much free space you have by doing the following.

Go to Start then to Run
Type in compmgmt.msc and click Enter
On left side click on Disk Management
On right side you will see you hard drive.
Male sure the window is open all the way on the top right so I can see all the info it has.
Now I need you to take a screenshot and attach it to your next reply. Do the following to take a screenshot while the above is open and showing on your desktop.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG or PNG and save it to your Desktop
Make sure the window is open all the way so I can see everything on the top right window.

Attach it to your next reply

Dawsonluke9

Dawsonluke9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Pictureforguy.png here *it took a picture of both my screens xD

Edited by Dawsonluke9, 04 April 2013 - 04:25 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK it shows your C drive which should be the OS installation drive as being 54% free now. Based on that I would suspect your speed has gotten better at this point.

Dawsonluke9

Dawsonluke9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
it still gets slow over time then i have to restart