Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP opens and reopens again... [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well at this point I see only two options for any USB mouse causing the same issue. Bios USB mouse support is disabled or a driver issue.
OH a third option could be a possible bios update that addresses the USB mouse issue.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,980 posts
Hi Jo,

I suggest you try to use System Restore and restore the system to 2013-10-12 the day before the last windows updates.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Hi Jo,

I suggest you try to use System Restore and restore the system to 2013-10-12 the day before the last windows updates.

This would be the best step to make sure if it was a update. I would hate to have a bios update to happen at this point.

Jo21a

Jo21a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Hi
I tried the restoration at 4 different dates : 12/10, 11/10, 6/10 and 19/09.
When Windows reopened, after login, I always received the same message : couldn't restore at this date...
I haven't seen any specific message on this, but somewhere I read that I don't necessarily have the admin rights with the users I have created... could it be an explanation ?
Jo

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,980 posts

Hi
I tried the restoration at 4 different dates : 12/10, 11/10, 6/10 and 19/09.
When Windows reopened, after login, I always received the same message : couldn't restore at this date...
I haven't seen any specific message on this, but somewhere I read that I don't necessarily have the admin rights with the users I have created... could it be an explanation ?
Jo

Hi,

Can you try to restore running in Safe Mode and see if it works.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The other possibility is that the restore points are faulty. :upset:

Jo21a

Jo21a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
I have a very good news : the restore in safe mode has worked :)
I have already made some tests, I could reconnect the USB mouse and keyboard without any problem. Fantastic ! And I have already restarted the system a few times.
There are still some strange behaviors anyway :
- the screen resolution at startup of the PC is 640x480, and the PC does not remember the changes of resolution or of desktop, when I restart it, it comes back to that same 640x480 resolution and the same desktop.
- Avg reports drivers problems (drivers not found). Indeed, when I go to windows\system32, I don't see the avg drivers I could see during our first exchanges
Except from that, there are windows updates waiting for teleload, and I have seen in the list the one I had suspected to be at the origin of my problem - see my 1st post (but was it the case, I don't know). In any case, I am very reluctant to install these updates !
And there is also a Java update waiting...
In any case, I am very happy to have recovered the computer, thank you already to both of you for your patience and your good advices !
Jo

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,980 posts
Hi,

Very good news. For now you need to suspend the Windows Updates because they are the problem source for sure.

Microsoft will release new updates on 12-11-2013 you have to wait to see if there are any updates to replaces that ones.

Now let's check the other problem...

Download MiniToolBox and save the file to the Desktop.
Close the browser and run the tool, check the following options:
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Devices (Only Problems)
Click on Go.

Post the resulting log in your next reply.

Let the Java update to install, in terms of security its crucial to keep java always updated if installed.

Jo21a

Jo21a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Here is the log :

MiniToolBox by Farbar Version: 13-07-2013
Ran by Jo Vally (administrator) on 05-11-2013 at 00:34:13
Running from "C:\Documents and Settings\Jo Vally\Mes documents\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows XP Édition familiale Service Pack 3 (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (11/04/2013 00:14:20 AM) (Source: PinnacleSys.MediaServer) (User: )
Description: Le service ne peut pas être démarré. Le processus de service n'a pas pu se connecter au contrôleur de service

Error: (10/13/2013 00:43:59 PM) (Source: MsiInstaller) (User: ALLADIN)
Description: Product: HPProductAssistant -- Error 1706. An installation package for the product HPProductAssistant cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'hpproductassistant.msi'.

Error: (10/01/2013 05:11:36 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Application défaillante ANIWZCSdS.exe, version 1.0.3.7034, module défaillant user32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, adresse de défaillance 0x00014acd.
Traitement de l'événement propre au support pour [ANIWZCSdS.exe!ws!]

Error: (09/30/2013 09:11:49 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Application défaillante drwtsn32.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, module défaillant dbghelp.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, adresse de défaillance 0x0001295d.
Traitement de l'événement propre au support pour [drwtsn32.exe!ws!]

Error: (09/30/2013 09:11:38 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Application défaillante explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.5512, module défaillant unknown, version 0.0.0.0, adresse de défaillance 0x027aad80.
Traitement de l'événement propre au support pour [explorer.exe!ws!]

Error: (09/30/2013 07:49:00 PM) (Source: MsiInstaller) (User: ALLADIN)
Description: Product: HPProductAssistant -- Error 1706. An installation package for the product HPProductAssistant cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'hpproductassistant.msi'.

Error: (09/30/2013 07:48:48 PM) (Source: MsiInstaller) (User: ALLADIN)

System errors:
=============
Error: (11/04/2013 11:50:21 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: Le pilote de démarrage système ou d'amorçage suivant n'a pas pu se charger :
Avgdiskx
AVGIDSDriver
AVGIDSHX
AVGIDSShim
Avgldx86
Avglogx
Avgmfx86
Avgrkx86
Avgtdix

Error: (11/04/2013 11:49:56 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: Le service AVGIDSAgent dépend du service AVGIDSDriver qui n'a pas pu démarrer en raison de l'erreur :
%%31

Error: (11/04/2013 11:49:56 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: Le service SAA7133 TV Card n'a pas pu démarrer en raison de l'erreur :
%%1058

Error: (11/04/2013 11:33:33 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: Le pilote de démarrage système ou d'amorçage suivant n'a pas pu se charger :
Avgdiskx
AVGIDSDriver
AVGIDSHX
AVGIDSShim
Avgldx86
Avglogx
Avgmfx86
Avgrkx86
Avgtdix

Error: (11/04/2013 11:33:15 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: Le service AVGIDSAgent dépend du service AVGIDSDriver qui n'a pas pu démarrer en raison de l'erreur :
%%31

Error: (11/04/2013 11:33:15 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: Le service SAA7133 TV Card n'a pas pu démarrer en raison de l'erreur :
%%1058

Error: (11/04/2013 09:06:02 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
%%1068

Description: Le service AVGIDSDriver dépend du service AVGIDSShim qui n'a pas pu démarrer en raison de l'erreur :
%%2

Description: Le service AVGIDSShim n'a pas pu démarrer en raison de l'erreur :
%%2

Description: Le service AVG AVI Loader Driver n'a pas pu démarrer en raison de l'erreur :
%%2

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================
Error: (11/04/2013 00:14:20 AM) (Source: PinnacleSys.MediaServer)(User: )
Description: Le service ne peut pas être démarré. Le processus de service n'a pas pu se connecter au contrôleur de service

Error: (10/13/2013 00:43:59 PM) (Source: MsiInstaller)(User: ALLADIN)
Description: Product: HPProductAssistant -- Error 1706. An installation package for the product HPProductAssistant cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'hpproductassistant.msi'.(NULL)(NULL)(NULL)

Error: (10/01/2013 05:11:36 PM) (Source: Application Error)(User: )
Description: ANIWZCSdS.exe1.0.3.7034user32.dll5.1.2600.551200014acd

Error: (09/30/2013 09:11:49 PM) (Source: Application Error)(User: )
Description: drwtsn32.exe5.1.2600.0dbghelp.dll5.1.2600.55120001295d

Error: (09/30/2013 09:11:38 PM) (Source: Application Error)(User: )
Description: explorer.exe6.0.2900.5512unknown0.0.0.0027aad80

Error: (09/30/2013 07:49:00 PM) (Source: MsiInstaller)(User: ALLADIN)
Description: Product: HPProductAssistant -- Error 1706. An installation package for the product HPProductAssistant cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'hpproductassistant.msi'.(NULL)(NULL)(NULL)

Error: (09/30/2013 07:48:48 PM) (Source: MsiInstaller)(User: ALLADIN)

========================= Devices: ================================

**** End of log ****

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,980 posts
Hi Jo,

You probably missed to rename some of the AVG*.dll files inside c:\windows\system32 if you can't restore them you will need to Uninstall AVG and reinstall again.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Good job Sleepydude for figuring out the issue and to you Jo21a for getting the system back running. :thumbsup:

Jo21a

Jo21a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
I have uninstalled and reinstalled AVG, now it seems that it is OK with it.
I have also updated JAVA.
At boot, I had the same CHKDSK message as I posted on 3 Nov 5:22 PM (impossible to determine ...)
And also another error new message.
I ran again Minitoolbox, here is the log in attach.

Attached Files

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,980 posts
Hi Jo,

The chkdsk doesn't show up on the Windows Even Log but there are other errors, is the machine using a Wireless connection to access the internet? Any problem connecting?

Let's take a deeper look...

Step 1 - OTL Scan

Download OTL to your Desktop
  • Execute OTL right click on the icon Posted Image and choose Run as Administrator. Make sure all other windows are closed.
    Posted Image
  • Do not change any other settings and tick only the following check box's:
    • Scan All Users
    • LOP Check
    • Purity Check
  • on the Posted Image box paste this:
    netsvcs
    BASESERVICES
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    /md5start
    services.*
    explorer.exe
    winlogon.exe
    Userinit.exe
    svchost.exe
    user32.dll
    /md5stop
    dir "%systemdrive%\*" /S /A:L /C
    CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Run Scan button. Let the program run uninterrupted, the scan won't take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open notepad with OTL.Txt and another with Extras.txt. The files are saved on the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the full contents of both files and post in your topic.

Things I would like to see in your next reply:
  • The OTL.txt and Extras.txt log's

Jo21a

Jo21a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Hi,
I haven't done yet the last things you have asked, but something very strange happened when I opened the PC this evening : it is just like if it has restored a very old version of the PC.
I have internet explorer 6, Microsoft Office is not installed anymore, and there are probably many other things that have disappeared !
Do you still want me to run OTL and do what you have asked me in your last post ?

Correction:I found MS Office 2010... but not Google Chrome. I checked, I still have Windows SP3...
I tried to open outlook, it asks me to configure it with the assistant. I don't know exactly what happened but I don't like it at all !

Edited by Jo21a, 05 November 2013 - 04:06 PM.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,980 posts

Hi,
I haven't done yet the last things you have asked, but something very strange happened when I opened the PC this evening : it is just like if it has restored a very old version of the PC.
I have internet explorer 6, Microsoft Office is not installed anymore, and there are probably many other things that have disappeared !
Do you still want me to run OTL and do what you have asked me in your last post ?

Correction:I found MS Office 2010... but not Google Chrome. I checked, I still have Windows SP3...
I tried to open outlook, it asks me to configure it with the assistant. I don't know exactly what happened but I don't like it at all !

Hi,

Sounds like a problem with your user profile... please run the OTL scan, maybe the Windows Event Viewer can give us some tips and OTL will collect that...