Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLUE SCREEN, (Solved)

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
yes press any key...

Advertisements

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
I did then got setup failed press any key to restart your computer ... then it rebooted and got the blue windows set up ..... setup is loading files then ..... the file acpi.sys is corrupted. press any key to continue which I did and got the setup failed press any key to restart your computer. which i did and it started a disc chaco ... checking file system on c:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hmm sounds like you may have a faulty burn. Let me ask did you burn the cd at the slowest spped or no more then 4x?
Sometimes burning it faster causes a problem.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
I will reborn it .. have no idea what speed it was done on .. all check it b4 urning it .. will update you .. let me redo it ... brb

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:thumbsup:

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Do his keyboard lights flash during POST?

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Oh never mind don't have to reborn it .. i got the windows xp pro setup window ... I just took the cd out of the top cd drive and put it on the boom ne and it worked .... sorry .. but now I am to press R for repair and it isn't letting me .... kb not allowing me too

Edited by Lexy610, 28 February 2014 - 09:07 PM.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Flash??? Its on .. but didn't notice any flashing but then again I wasn't looking :(

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Usually when you start your system the kb lights will flash and then the numlock key will stay lit.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Honestly I never noticed ... should I reboot? I have tried using a working kb from another comp on my comp and it doesn't work

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is what is confusing because you would not be using the drivers you installed from the ARCD or the XP cd you are trying now. It would load a default driver which should work.
Just for my own suspicions has there been any problems before all this with any USB device attached to the system?
How old is the system itself?

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
No there wasn't any usb devices attached to the system. My com I think is over 10 yrs old. The last problem I was having b4 doing driver update was a blue screen .. that was the reason of this original post.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The BSOD's seemed to have stopped but updating the kb and mouse drivers is now a issue. If we could just get to the recovery where you could run the instructions from post 93 you could restore back to the date before the kb and mouse driver. That should resolve the issue then.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
In reply 123, kb is working.
In reply 128, kb is not working.
The voltage of the CMOS batter may be low, so BIOS setting may be loaded sometimes correctly, sometimes incorrectly. Please try a clear CMOS.

Disconnect all USB devices, except the keyboard.
Remove all discs from the optical drives.

With the PSU off.
Move the jumper on the clear CMOS pins, leave for ten seconds, then move back to original positions.
Switch on the PSU, > press the start button.
Do the lights flash on the kb? then one light remain lit?
Does the POST messages scroll on the display?
What is finally displayed on the screen?
How are the four diagnostic lights lit on the front of the computer?

Your user manual, > https://docs.google....anual_en-us.pdf

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
what is the BSOD? Can it be fixed??

Edited by Lexy610, 28 February 2014 - 11:38 PM.