Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

io7 update fudged me!

ios7 iphone5 apple_id used help bypass_icloud help_me

• Please log in to reply

DumbCow

DumbCow

• Pip
  • 1 posts

i bought an iphone5 from a random person and i checked to see if it was stolen or blacklisted before i bought it (which it wasnt) and i went to restore it but now it wants the original apple id and pw. is there really nothing i can do? did i just really buy a paper weight?

Advertisements

Trevorever

Trevorever

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Find My iPhone needed to be disabled before restoring it. Try to contact the person who sold it to you and get them to remove the device from their iCloud account. Other than that, without proof of purchase, there is nothing you can do.