Sorry for the delay. The computer is only 2 years old and has had various problems, but some started before the infection so I'm not sure how much of what I'm experiencing is due to the reported virus. Anyhow, here's a list of generally what I've been experiencing:
1) Over the 2 years, the system has crashed (blue screen) about 6 times, almost always after being put to sleep.
2) The system has shut down, and/or restarted after being put to sleep.
2B) this has happened about 2-3 times since the virus was reported which has been over the last 2 months.
3) Mouse lags - maybe 30-50 times over 2 years and 5-8times the last 2 months.
4) Computer incredibly slow to respond. To open a web page, open word, change from one program to another, could take 5 minutes. 20-30times over 2 years, 5-8 times last 2 months.
4B) 3&4 usually happen when multiple programs are running, ie word and excel are open, 1-3 pdfs, picture gallery, 5-15 windows open in Chrome, wmp open but not playing.
5) Internet incredibly slow to repsond. When trying to search something on google, the computer could take 5 min to respond. (similar to #4)
6) Using picture gallery to edit a picture, occasionally runs slow - saves edit slow, opens picture slow, moves to next picture slow.
Although I've experienced the above issues, I'd say the computer works pretty normally 80-90% of the time. It would be great if it was 100%, but I'll admit that the system isn't exactly a really powerful one. I can't really think of one single NEW problem it's had since reporting the virus, but it seems that many of the existing problems are possibly getting a bit worse.
If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know.
Btw, the computer is running windows 7, with Celeron 877 1.4ghz, and 2gb ddr3 ram. I know a celeron isn't great, but that's what she's got.
again, thanks for all your time to help me with this.