Hi, Welcome to the forums!
. My name is Biscuithd and I will be assisting you with your Computer issues.
I know how upsetting it can be when one's computer is experiencing problems. I will try to help get things squared away. For a start please make sure that you...
- Carefully read every post completely before doing anything.
- If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
- Do not run any other scans or other software on your computer unless asked as it may make this repair more difficult.
If I'm understanding your post, it does seem like you can Boot the computer. If that is the case, then proceed on my instructions. If not, stop here and let me know.
If you are unable to download OTL because the Malware stops you, see if you can boot to Safe Mode with Networking and try the download. If you need instructions for Safe Mode, let me know.
Download 'OTL by OldTimer' and save it to your desktop or move your existing copy into the said location.
- Simply double-click the program icon to run it. It will ask for administrator privileges.
- Copy and paste the following into the Custom Scans/Fixes box:
dir "%systemdrive%\*" /S /A:L /C
- Click Run Scan.
- Files are being searched and it may take some time. Once done, two Notepad windows will appear, named OTL.txt and Extras.txt.
- Alternatively, you can also find these at your desktop.
- Copy and paste (CTRL + A and CTRL + C) the content of these logs in your next reply.