Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Server Clustering - 2012

Windows Server 2012 Clustering High Availability hyper v

• Please log in to reply

damienb

damienb

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello,

I wanted to setup a cluster for Application servers, total 3 server running the same cloud based application, these servers will be running Windows 2012 R2. I have a couple of questions related to this:

1. Is the Windows Fail over cluster only applicable to Virtual Servers or can physical servers connected to the domain act as Clusters too?

2. If I set up 3 servers for running one application, for clustering and load balancing purposes, do I need a separate server to do the clustering i,e. create the 3 node cluster or can I use 1 of the 3 servers (running the application) to setup the cluster among themselves.

The application is a cloud based application developed by my company.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Edited by damienb, 28 July 2014 - 12:56 PM.

Advertisements