Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! my computer shuts off and wont turn back on (Resolved)

Help PC problem

• Please log in to reply

ariagolpa

ariagolpa

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

ok so my pc turns off and wont turn back on when i play games or even launch a stress test and then it wont turn back on untill i unbluck my PSU and then replug it in after that it will turn back on but it still wont let me play a game without turning off also my temps are normal i switched my pcs fan and heatsink and thermal paste over this because i got pissed

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:    ariagolpa,

Can I ask how you know that your temperatures are normal, as in how have you checked.

The CPU is not the only thing that can overheat and one other item of hardware in particular is the PSU, something that the average user will have no way of checking even if their MB had a PSU thermal sensor.

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, Ram (including the amount) add on video card if one is used and the PSU providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

NB: So that I can confirm that you have received notification of my reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

ariagolpa

ariagolpa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

OK then let me show you a snapshot of speedfan temps:14fb8190a9c719d34962402b23c24bbb.png

in games that i crash in but not instantly like gmod:asd.png

Edited by ariagolpa, 28 November 2014 - 04:10 PM.

ariagolpa

ariagolpa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

playing for about 15 minutes http://gyazo.com/3bf...b66dc7442183c34

Attached Thumbnails

• 3bfbb4566574f277db66dc7442183c34.png

Edited by ariagolpa, 28 November 2014 - 04:12 PM.

ariagolpa

ariagolpa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

also if its instant it shouldnt be overheating right?

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Hi can you please post those screen shots directly to the forum file attachment system please.

Click on the "More reply options" on the bottom right of the reply pane,

scroll down to "Attach files" and click "Browse" to find the files and select them, then click the "Attach this file".

Make sure they are in JPG format so as not to be too large.

Thanks, Nev.

ariagolpa

ariagolpa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

sorry il fixx it right now!

ariagolpa

ariagolpa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

i edited the last posts instead of reposting so just go look at my old posts they are fixed now

ariagolpa

ariagolpa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

my computer is custom built my motherboard is the gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 got a 6 core amd cpu stock clock is 3.5ghz unlocked not overclocked with 8 gbs of corsair vengance ram my psu is the thermaltake tr2 650

1tb harddrive and gtx 750ti twin frozr editon

Leurgy

Leurgy

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

How new is the video card?

Explain what we've tried so far in the Chat channel, that will save a lot of time here.

When was this pc built? When did the problem start? What have you done so far to fix the problem?

Edited by Leurgy, 28 November 2014 - 07:25 PM.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

We need to see the whole of the Speedfan window, please see image, 

ariagolpa

ariagolpa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

ok so this problem has been going on for atleast 6 months ive built the pc a year ago in the chat ive tried using 3 diffrent power cables and a surge protector none of these worked also this is a picture of full speedfan playin gmod for atleast 40 minutes  this is the newest version of speedfan836cc87f30439e4c2cd35b145acc2162.png

ariagolpa

ariagolpa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

leurgy says my volts r ok i wrote them down and showed him im on the newest version of my bios  il get you guys the volts tomorrow gonna go now 

ariagolpa

ariagolpa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

speed fan cant detect my voltages so i need 2 get from bios gnight

people in canada

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

I could find a Thermaltake TRX-650M, would that be your PSU by any chance.

Download then run HWMonitor and post a screenshot so that we have a comparison to the Speedfan results, details from here

Tip

If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page)