Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

tablet apps

apps

• Please log in to reply

stormymikem

stormymikem

• Pip
  • 1 posts

i have a cruz tablet i just got for my son and when i try to put apps on it say cretificate does not match site name and it will not let to proceed with download i need help

Edited by stormymikem, 04 December 2014 - 07:25 PM.

Advertisements

pravinkumar

pravinkumar

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Check the date

Sometimes you can fix the issue by verifying your system date is accurate.  For example, if you glance at the date and notice your clock is set to January 1st 2000 then that could be the issue.

Why does this happen?  My best conjecture is that you have a dead (or dieing) CMOS battery that needs to be replaced.  If the CMOS battery dies then low-level functions like maintaining the system clock will start to suffer.

Instructions for replacing the battery are contingent on your manufacturer; however, here’s a pretty good 3 minute Youtube video that illustrates the process on a Dell desktop.  The video is fairly old, (3 years); however, the concepts still apply.  I just wanted to show you the video so you can get comfortable with the CMOS replacement process.

It’s pretty easy but if you’ve never opened your computer then the notion of replacing a battery on the motherboard will feel foreign.  Just shoot me a tweet and I’ll try to help.

Reset the Browser

In other cases, resetting the browser to its default configuration fixes the problem.

This usually resolves the certificate issue – if it remains you probably need to update your Windows root certificates.