Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New user accounts all corrupted

Windows 7 Users Profiles Dell vostro Accounts Server Windows server 2012 Corrupted profile

• Please log in to reply

Somuchfour

Somuchfour

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am trying to set up a new user account on a workstation which currently has two admin accounts on it. I got the user account set up on the server okay. But when I try to create it on the workstation, at the first login I get the " The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded" error. I tried deleting the profile and recreating it, same problem. I even tried creating a local only account and get the same error. Neither profile is in the registry editor when I try to follow the recommended solution to fixing it. I have tried restarting and booting in safe mode. No luck. I haven't tried restoring just because it only seems to happen with the new accounts. Any ideas?

I'm on windows 7 on a Dell vostro.

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hi Somuchfour :)

It seems that all these user profiles are corrupted, probably due to an error in the Registry. Also, I've seen this issue happen a lot on drives with bad sectors. So let's start by running a SFC /scannow, followed by a CHKDSK /r.

EndqYRa.pngSystem File Checker (SFC)
Follow the instructions below to run a SFC scan on your system:
  • On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as Administrator
  • On Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • Enter the command sfc /scannow (there's a space between "sfc" and "/scannow") and press on Enter;
  • Let the scan run until the end (100%), then copy/paste in your next reply the message that is returned after;
EndqYRa.pngCheck Disk (chkdsk)
Follow the instructions below to run a CHKDSK scan on your Windows partition;
  • On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as Administrator
  • On Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • Enter the command chkdsk /r (there's a space between "chkdsk" and "/r") and press on Enter;
  • A message will be returned, stating that the drive cannot be locked because it's already in use, and you'll be asked if you want to schedule the scan for the next restart. Enter y and press on Enter;
  • Restart your computer, and the chkdsk scan will be launched automatically;
  • WARNING: Depending on your hard drive (specs, free space, fragmentation, etc.) this scan can be relatively long to complete. Give it all the time it needs to finish. Do not interrupt it for any reason there is, or you might be damaging your drive in the process and make your Windows unbootable. It's suggested to let this scan run overnight or when you leave the house for a few hours (when you go to work for example). If you are running this scan on a laptop, don't forget to leave it plugged in;