Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I think i have some problems with my RAM. Please help :)

RAM Random access memory Memtest

• Please log in to reply

Nicholasmita

Nicholasmita

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello there,

So i have been having some problems with my computer and i have been getting some random BSODs. I did the windows memory diagnostics and in the test it said that i had some hardware issues. When the computer restarted, i got a popup saying "Your computer has a memory problem." i tried doing memtest and i made a bootable cd but i wasn't able to change the Bios settings to boot from CD. i spent a few hours to no avail trying that. The only options were "Windows boot manager" and "UEFI: General." Which i have no idea what UEFI:general is. I just upgraded my motherboard and processor last week but i already had these problems since before i upgraded. I just want a suggestion in what i should do next? 

Memory problem.jpg
BSOD 1.jpg

My Spec are:
CPU:                Intel I7 4790K
GPU:               ATI Radeon R9 280x
Motherboard:  Asus H97 Gaming 3
RAM:               8Gb (4Gb x 2) Kingston

Thanks

Edited by Nicholasmita, 06 February 2015 - 01:55 AM.

Advertisements

Silwncer

Silwncer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Memtest86 is more accurate. Did you tried testing one by one stick to determine which one causes issue ?

Nicholasmita

Nicholasmita

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No, i have not used memtest to test my ram and i am not able to change the the boot sequence to CD. I spent hours trying to chanhe it but there was no choice to change it to CD. The RAM sticksnare pretty old and when i changed the motherboard i did not change the RAM

Thanks

Silwncer

Silwncer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Did you tried to burn it on USB with Rufus and then try again (Memtest)?

Nicholasmita

Nicholasmita

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hey, i fixed it. turns out one of my RAM sticks are faulty. going to send it back to the manufacturer. Thanks for the help!