Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Asus K601 screen started fritzing out, but now its normal?

asus screen issues help

• Please log in to reply

JackieDoodle2012

JackieDoodle2012

• Pip
  • 1 posts

So I bought this Asus laptop from the pawn shop and two days after I brought it home the screens colors were all wonky. The usually white parts were baby blue, and red and green lines were going thru some parts of my screen. I uninstalled this one program, cant remember the name, Asus video something, but it didnt help. So I went to Avast! and bought the grime remover subscription and ran it. Once it was done my screen was back to normal, YAY .... 

or so i thought. Today my screens colors didnt distort, but instead the whole screen started fritzing out. Like a glitch or something, so I ran it again, and now my screen is back to normal again. Im worried its going to happen again, everytime i try to start up my computer. 

Do I need to take this back and get my money, or is this an easy fix?

Advertisements

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Hi it might not be an easy fix, it sounds like a possible connection or cable fault between the laptop body and the screen in the lid. It could be a faulty graphics chip as well.

However one thing that can be tried is to install new graphics drivers. If you know the full model number you can normally download drivers from the Asus website, if a problem with that let us know the full model number and as much other details that you know and we can possibly find the correct driver to download.

If however replacing the drivers doesn't fix it, then it may well be a hardware problem, so perhaps best to get your money back.

Nev.