Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bsdriver.sys Adware

Virus Malware Adware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

thatonezero

thatonezero

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi! I've had trouble with this for days. Recently, my brother infected my computer with a virus. I've discovered it was known as Games Desktop. I managed to remove everything relating to this except for bsdriver.sys, which is disguising itself as a system driver and spontaneously installing programs to my computer. It's driving me insane! I've tried Norton, AVG, Avast, Malwarebytes Cleaner, and Adware Cleaner. Adware cleaner specifically detects it and says it removes it in the log, but if I scan again it just comes back with each reboot.

I'm running the latest Win10 x64 build. Please, help quick!

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Hi! My name is zep516 and Welcome to Geekstogo!
I'll do the best I can to resolve your computer issue
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, don't continue Stop and ask! Never be afraid to ask questions! :)

Download this version of the tool for your operating system.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)
and save it to the Desktop. Right click and run as administrator. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please also paste it to your reply.

thatonezero

thatonezero

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Sorry, I was trying to see fixes from elsewhere on the forum. I think that the bsdriver file is gone, (no clue how I got rid of it) but I found an extension that is also malicious in Chrome. It isn't listed under the list of extensions, but I found a thread where I identified it as BuyNSave.

Attached File  FRST.txt   795.12KB   285 downloads

Attached File  Addition.txt   78.75KB   329 downloads

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Shopper-Z also installs bsdriver.sys

Shopper-Z is an adware program that displays intrusive advertisements in web sites that you visit.

Let me have some time to look over logs.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Hello,

There's just left over stuff in the logs and we will clean it up. Not seeing anything else.

Download the enclosed Attached File  fixlist.txt   1.23KB   362 downloads file. Save it in the location FRST64 is--> (C:\Users\Jake\Downloads). Run FRST64 and click on the Fix button. Wait until finished.

The tool will make a log in the location FRST64 is, (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

thatonezero

thatonezero

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Attached File  Fixlog.txt   4.83KB   302 downloads

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
How is everything now ?

thatonezero

thatonezero

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

AdwCleaner still lists it in the registry tab and in the folder tab.

It finds a files named "lmjegmlicamnimmfhcmpkclmigmmcbeh", which is the extension name of BuyNSave. It isn't listed under Chrome's extensions tab, however.

Edited by thatonezero, 20 July 2015 - 08:40 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts

AdwCleaner still lists it in the registry and under Chrome.

Are there any symptoms on the computer ?

Can you post AdwCleaner log, It's at (C:\AdwCleaner ).

thatonezero

thatonezero

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I just realized that the extension ID I showed is for Google Drive, which, for some reason, is being displayed on AdwCleaner. I guess I should ignore that. It's fixed then, I guess. Thank you for all your help.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
You're welcome

You should remove all the tools and delete the logs we / you created. I have an automated tool to do it, but I'm a bit Leary to use it on Windows 10 as I'm not a 100 Percent familiar with it.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thanks
Joe :)