Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB 3.0 assistance

USB

Best Answer phillpower2 , 18 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

simon56, You need to fit an add on card like the example here TipTo ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread click on the Follow this topic t... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

simon56

simon56

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi all

I built my 1st PC in 2014 and I'm really happy with how it went (I learnt alot about what I'd do differently next time). 

I have a Corsair Obsidian 350D which has 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front. I haven't tended to need to use them before but now I need to use a usb stick for work so I want to get them working. I have a Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard (https://www.asus.com...ds/M5A78LMUSB3/).

My question is this - Can I attach via an internal cable the front USB 3.0 ports to the motherboard? I've had a look at the manual and I don't think there is a mounting point for USB 3.0, but is there a way around this?

Cheers

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
✓  Best Answer

:welcome:  simon56,

You need to fit an add on card like the example here

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

simon56

simon56

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks for this phillpower2.

I've ordered a PCI USB 3.0 card and cabling to go with it.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

You are most welcome simon56  :)