Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Im getting Blue Screen please help (Resolved)

BlueScreen Windows 7 Auto Restart

Best Answer Leroyman , 24 February 2016 - 01:13 PM

Sorry for late reply. Yes this topic can be closed i got a new PC and the old one is in the dumpster Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Leroyman

Leroyman

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Hi i am having some problems with my computer,

I can be playing a game or looking at a word document or whatever i get the blue screen saying something about my computer will restart and it collects data for my memory dump or something like that.

Every time this happens, It happens really fast so i have never been able to get a picture or screen shot of what it says..

On another note, I have been experiencing some weird stuff, The screen will freeze i can't move my mouse use task manager, nothing...

This makes me restart the computer by holding the power button and i don't like doing that to much...

Not sure what you need to help figure out what is wrong so please just let me know.. This is the error text i get in the Windows error box after it restarts it's self.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
  Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:    1a
  BCP1:    0000000000041201
  BCP2:    FFFFF680000DC8C0
  BCP3:    31D00000244F9825
  BCP4:    FFFFFA80072D0B60
  OS Version:    6_1_7601
  Service Pack:    1_0
  Product:    256_1

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Hello Leroyman,

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.
2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Hi phillpower2,

There was only 1 mini dump file. Unless im overlooking it somewhere else.

http://speccy.pirifo...TWb3krwyWzX141V

*For some reason it did not attach the dump files?*

Edited by Leroyman, 20 December 2015 - 12:19 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Hello Leroyman,

Couple of things showing in Speccy that are not quite right, if not the cause they still need to be corrected.

Your pagefile is set way too high as it should only be 1.5 X the amount of physical memory that you have, your pagefile therefore should be no larger than 9GB, if the steps below do not correct it I will post a guide for you to do it manually.

Open My Computer. At the top right, there is a search field...type pagefile.sys and click the search icon. In the search results, right click on the file (pagefile.sys) and choose Delete...confirm the deletion.

Restart your machine. A new pagefile will be created automatically when the machine starts, run Speccy again and post the updated url for us.

Physical Memory
Memory Usage: 26 %
Total Physical: 5.62 GB
Available Physical: 4.11 GB
Total Virtual: 25 GB
Available Virtual: 24 GB

Speccy is reporting too high a voltage on the +3.3 and +5V rails on the PSU + the memory controller.

We will come back to this once you have sorted the pagefile but can you meanwhile tell us the brand and model name or number of the PSU.

Voltage
CPU CORE: 1.296 V
MEMORY CONTROLLER: 2.496 V
+3.3V: 3.520 V
+5V: 5.618 V
+12V: 12.096 V
-5V: -4.544 V
-12V: -11.648 V
+5V HIGH THRESHOLD: 5.080 V
CMOS BATTERY: 3.200 V

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

It will not delete pagefile.sys 'It says' ((can't be completed because the file is open in another program))

Emachines ET1161-05 Original power supply im pretty sure its 300 Watt

The page index option i set higher 2-3 years ago.. What should it be set at?
Thanks for your help thus far.

Sorry trying to figure this thing out... :) Just a second speccy is loading my stuff

http://speccy.pirifo...uVXeXxtfSSuyBsz

*New* http://speccy.pirifo...AdctoyvijLKoLlJ

Edited by Leroyman, 20 December 2015 - 02:21 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

It is possible that you have two issues going on, a software problem (Windows or drivers) and a hardware issue (flaky PSU)

I included the attachment to show you how to attach your crashdump, can we have it please.

To manually change your pagefile see below;

• Right click on Computer and open Properties.
  • Select Advanced System Properties
  • Click Advanced tab
  • Under Performance, click Settings
  • Under Performance Options, click Advanced tab
  • Here under Virtual memory pane, select Change
  • Uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives
  • Highlight your system drive
  • Select Custom size
  • Change the Initial size value to 6000MB and the Maximum size value to the higher value of 9000MB
  • Click Set
  • Finally Click Apply/OK all the way.

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Did the dump files open for you? I can't seem to open or download them from that file or my pc... And my Speccy looks better?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Did the dump files open for you? I can't seem to open or download them from that file or my pc

Sorry but not with you, can you explain what you mean, we have had no dumpfile/s to open.

And my Speccy looks better?

Can you post an updated Speccy url for us.

Edit;

:oops:  you added them as an edit, can you please not do this unless it is to add something to your last post while waiting on a reply from us.

Addition to edit, this to avoid double posting, you have uploaded a desktop shortcut to the dumpfile and not the dumpfile itself.

Your pagefile looks better but at 11GB it is still too large and should only be 9GB, your voltages are also shown to still be too high so no change there.

Edited by phillpower2, 20 December 2015 - 04:15 PM.
Addition to previous edit.

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I attached the dump file in my last reply. That is was what i was asking if you were able to view or not.
If that is not right please instruct me a different way. Because that is as far as i can open the dump file.

New Speccy: http://speccy.pirifo...44HeOOIBvpzMj7i

With the pagefile... I changed to

"Change the Initial size value to 6000MB and the Maximum size value to the higher value of 9000MB"

Exactly what you said to change it to?

Edited by Leroyman, 21 December 2015 - 05:17 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Did you read the edits in my reply #8!

Edit;

:oops:  you added them as an edit, can you please not do this unless it is to add something to your last post while waiting on a reply from us.

Addition to edit, this to avoid double posting, you have uploaded a desktop shortcut to the dumpfile and not the dumpfile itself.

Your pagefile looks better but at 11GB it is still too large and should only be 9GB, your voltages are also shown to still be too high so no change there.

Each one of your three crashdumps implicate Firefox as the cause of the crashes, firefox.exe to be exact.

Uninstall FF using the steps here and try either IE or Chrome to see if the problem is resolved.

Advertisements

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Hello again,

Yes i read everything about 30 times thinking i was doing some thing wrong. But, I am doing this all word for word as you tell me.

I seen how i was editing my older posts instead of posting a new reply. I thought at first i was saving space and time.

But i completely understand what you mean with the edit while waiting on reply now..

I did notice i loaded the shortcut instead of the components from the dmp file like you asked..

I Uploaded the contents of my mini dump files to post #9... Is that not correct either?

My pagefile i made the Initial size value to 6000MB and the Maximum size value to 9000MB....

I seen on Speccy where it says 11GB I don't know how to change it any more unless you want me to take my higher range number down some more?

I can screenshot my computer and the pagefile is set like you instructed me to..?

My Voltages are high because i need a new power supply, Or is there something else i can check before i purchase a new PSU?

I will uninstall Firefox now as you said. Guess i will use Chrome until i find out if i can install Firefox back on my PC because that is my preference Browser.

I Deleted Chrome not to long ago because of high CPU consumption, But i will give it a try.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Hello Leroyman,

I Uploaded the contents of my mini dump files to post #9... Is that not correct either?

Problem was that you did so after having already added them into your reply #5 by way of an edit instead of uploading them in your reply #7, we do not get notification of posts being edited and had I not checked back I would have missed them, no harm done  ;)

Put the pagefile and PSU info on hold for the time being while you uninstall FF and try Chrome for us please.

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Ok yes i get what you meant. Im sorry for doing that. I did not know an edit would not bring up a notification same as a reply...

Would you be able to instruct me how i would go about getting my old passwords from the Firefox onto Chrome? I imported my bookmarks but that was just my bookmarks. I got lucky remembering the email used for this website :P  I had the password Manager PACKED with passwords and usernames Lol

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

No problem, you were only trying to help  :) 

Never liked FF so not too well up on it, fortunately Chrome does make it easy to retrieve your passwords etc, guide here

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I'm just the opposite, I love Firefox, Chrome is ok....Only a shade faster than Firefox on my Computer. Never & i Repeat NEVER have i liked Internet Explorer.

Different strokes for different folks :)

But i'm sure it's based upon what you are used to using at the end of the day...

I will have to do some searching for a bit to try and find out how to import my passwords, The page you showed me only does the bookmarks. It says passwords and all that, But only imported my bookmarks. I't said on the link before last about deleting Firefox, That it does not delete passwords they are saved on a different file in my PC. But how i get that file into a new browser is where i'm confused lol

Side note: I deleted Firefox 20 minutes ago and my computer still crashed a few minutes ago. Just so your aware for future reference ;)

I have used

lastpass

to transfer my passwords to chrome. So that problem has been fixed.. :)

Edited by Leroyman, 23 December 2015 - 02:30 PM.