Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is running an i5-7600K at almost 80 degrees(C) safe for long periods?

CPU temperature rendering Turbo Boost

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Please taae another UEFI screenshot with present settings and upload.

When I set XMP to Profile 1, it asked me if I want to apply the "all core enhancement with the XMP settings for improved performance." Should I do that?

Yes, Then try the render test again and give results.

Please download install  CPU-Z http://www.cpuid.com...ares/cpu-z.html

Upload two screenshots, the CPU tab and the Memory tab.

To capture and post a screenshot; Instruction are for anyone who is unsure of the steps.. 

With the image you want displayed on the screen.
> Hold down the ALT key and Press the PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side of the keyboard.   (nothing appears to happen, but the image is copied to the Clipboard.)

> Click on start...all programs...accessories, > click paint.

In the window that opens, >  left click in the white area, then > Hold down CTRL and press V. 

On the top menu, > click File > click Save as, Be sure to save as jpeg,...otherwise it may be to big to upload,

save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing.  

Advertisements

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Please taae another UEFI screenshot with present settings and upload.

When I set XMP to Profile 1, it asked me if I want to apply the "all core enhancement with the XMP settings for improved performance." Should I do that?

Yes, Then try the render test again and give results.

Please download install  CPU-Z http://www.cpuid.com...ares/cpu-z.html

Upload two screenshots, the CPU tab and the Memory tab.

To capture and post a screenshot; Instruction are for anyone who is unsure of the steps.. 

With the image you want displayed on the screen.
> Hold down the ALT key and Press the PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side of the keyboard.   (nothing appears to happen, but the image is copied to the Clipboard.)

> Click on start...all programs...accessories, > click paint.

In the window that opens, >  left click in the white area, then > Hold down CTRL and press V. 

On the top menu, > click File > click Save as, Be sure to save as jpeg,...otherwise it may be to big to upload,

save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing.  

Sorry for the late post, but I've attached the UEFI screenshot, as well as the 2 screenshots from CPU-Z while rendering the image.

After enabling the all core enhancement option, the CPU was running at 75°C while rendering, and the rendering time was improved by about 5 minutes.

Attached Thumbnails

• CPUZ-cpu.jpg
  • CPUZ-memory.jpg

Attached Files

Edited by Tungsten72, 06 June 2017 - 04:55 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

XMP enabled, good.

Rear fan on cha 1 is slightly faster, good.

the front fans do not show at all, can you see if they are running?

Are the two fans connected to a fan splitter?

I don't have access to the Asus tuning/OC software, Browse it and see if you can configure cooling there, as against settings n the UEFI.

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

XMP enabled, good.

Rear fan on cha 1 is slightly faster, good.

the front fans do not show at all, can you see if they are running?

Are the two fans connected to a fan splitter?

I don't have access to the Asus tuning/OC software, Browse it and see if you can configure cooling there, as against settings n the UEFI.

Yes, the front fans are spinning. I'm not sure about whether or not they're connected to a fan splitter. I looked at the manual, and the only thing it mentions is that they are connected to a PSU SATA cable through a SATA power connector. Although I did notice that there is a fan speed controller on the front of the case, which allows me to set the front fans at 3 different speeds. It was on the lowest speed, and I've since set it to the middle speed.

The only Asus application I can find in the windows browser is Asus GPU TweakII, which I believe only allows me to control the GPU's fans. Is there something else I should have downloaded, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Edited by Tungsten72, 06 June 2017 - 11:21 PM.

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

to be honest in my opinion messing about with case fans is not going to make much if any difference, the cpu cooler itself is the problem, it is just incapable of dissipating the heat fast enough to keep it any cooler when running under full load at max cpu speed.

the only way to make a big difference is to run with the side of the case off and have a powerful house fan blowing in there or to actually change the cpu cooler for a bigger/better one with higher/faster heat dissipation abilities.

like i said earlier though 75-80c is not really a problem though, i wouldn't want to run a cpu any higher and cooler is always preferable but 80c is not going to harm that cpu, i ran a cpu at about 75c for years running 24/7 under max load folding without any issues.

:popcorn:

A brief explanation on CPU coolers :- http://www.techspot....pu-coolers.html

best cpu coolers :- http://www.techspot....bestof/cooling/

personally i like to use all in one liquid coolers where possible. not cheap but i've been happy with their performance while not having a big lump of metal hanging from the motherboard.

Edited by terry1966, 07 June 2017 - 09:37 PM.

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

to be honest in my opinion messing about with case fans is not going to make much if any difference, the cpu cooler itself is the problem, it is just incapable of dissipating the heat fast enough to keep it any cooler when running under full load at max cpu speed.

the only way to make a big difference is to run with the side of the case off and have a powerful house fan blowing in there or to actually change the cpu cooler for a bigger/better one with higher/faster heat dissipation abilities.

like i said earlier though 75-80c is not really a problem though, i wouldn't want to run a cpu any higher and cooler is always preferable but 80c is not going to harm that cpu, i ran a cpu at about 75c for years running 24/7 under max load folding without any issues.

:popcorn:

A brief explanation on CPU coolers :- http://www.techspot....pu-coolers.html

best cpu coolers :- http://www.techspot....bestof/cooling/

personally i like to use all in one liquid coolers where possible. not cheap but i've been happy with their performance while not having a big lump of metal hanging from the motherboard.

Yeah, I think you're right about the cooler. I'll probably consider getting a new one in the future.

Thanks to everyone who has helped out :)

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Yes, new cooler would be best, but you have to try for the best with what you have/

With the difficultly on your first install, TIM spread may have been compromised/

Worth trying a reinstall, use 99+% isopropyl alcohol to remove all traces of the old TIM. Apply the same amount of paste as the first time/

WhiteUn

WhiteUn

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Ok short answer yes. Medium answer yes but be careful. Long answer, yes definitely it can withstand 80 degrees just fine. Never the less if you are worried about your cpu health I would suggest downloading a temperature regulator app and give it a full blow to keep it cooler. Also I would suggest to repaste the cooler itself, it usually does the trick. Also if you are working in a hot room this might affect it too you know. If that is the problem just call a qualified aircon servicing and hope for the best.

Edited by WhiteUn, 15 February 2021 - 02:32 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Being that the thread dates back to 2017 there is a good chance that the OP may not get back to you but thank you for your input in any event WhiteUn  :thumbsup: