Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Looking for a keylogger and/or other remote tools on my system

malware keylogger trojan spyware

• Please log in to reply

'puter gunna die

'puter gunna die

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Hi I'm doing this from a linux machine that runs beside my windows 7 system. The windows 7 system may have a keylogger somewhere in it. A person I know (who is a d###) may have set up a webpage that stuck a few programs on one of the two hard disk drives on that system. It didn't set off any alarms, but judging from his recent facebook posts (made public), there is a veiled allusion to some things I searched for the other day. While it could be a compromise to my youtube account (which basically means google opened its legs to him as well), I cannot be safe enough from him. As a side question, how basic of a hacker can break into youtube accounts? He's not the ultra involved type when it comes to hacking, much like myself (he might have help). I never hack, nor do I do security for a living, so I don't have any answers to these. It's just that he seems to have information that I can recall originates from multiple online platforms, so I fear how deep into my layers he's delved.

Please help me find any malware, trojans, spyware, keyloggers, as I want to rule that out before turning my attention to external elements. I know you folks have the best ferreting applications around, as your brilliant community has gotten me out of multiple binds. Thank you so much!

Paul.

Edited by 'puter gunna die, Today, 04:35 AM.

Advertisements